How to lose that last 10 pounds?!

So I've lost almost 30 pounds since the beginning of January and still have around 10 more pounds to hit my goal weight but have been stuck at my current weight for the past couple weeks now...very frustrating! Just started completely cutting out processed foods and hoping that will help. any suggestions??

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    You lose the last 10 the same way you lost the 30. Except, the smaller you are, the less margin for error you have. Make sure you're logging everything, weighing and measuring what foods you can and aren't overestimating calorie burns from exercise. Read this too

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • C3001
    C3001 Posts: 28 Member
    I keep reading from similar posts that "changing it up" helps. Recalculate your calorie needs (especially if you haven't since day 1), try zigzagging calories, change your exercise program and lift more weights, pay special attention to intake and macros, drink lots of water as usually, get sleep, etc.

Thoughts, sometimes weight comes off in chunks... Keep at it. Is it your TOM? That could be a factor in a 2 week stall. Good luck! It will come off as long as you are working at it. :)
  • angelarene626
    angelarene626 Posts: 32 Member
    I am also on my last 10-15 lbs...I have lost 10 lbs since starting a healthier lifestyle in January. Congrats on your 30lbs! I wish I could shed my unwanted lbs that quickly! I hit a plateau in late February and early March, but have since lost 7 lbs. Cutting out processed foods has definitely helped me get past my plateau. Ever since I started limiting my carbs in mid-March, I have consistently been dropping lbs. I usually limit unhealthy carbs during the weekdays, such as: bread, pasta and potato. I stick to mostly meat, veggies, yogurt, nuts and popcorn. This has definitely helped me see a difference. I also eat fruit for my carbs before a workout and/or for breakfast.

Just remember, especially if you are strength training like me, that results on the scale won't add up the smaller you get, especially if you are exercising. Although I have only lost 10 lbs in the last 4 months, I am already fitting into jeans I wore when I was 10 lbs lighter than I am now. My greatest source of comfort is the pictures I take bi-weekly, they really show me the difference my diet and exercise routine is making. If I went by my scale I would think I had lost nothing. So yeah, the smaller you get the slower the process is.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Congrats on your 30 lbs loss so far, that's amazing!!!

I would say keep doing what your doing, but to lose say 1lb a week, and work out again your bmr & tdee based on your new weight loss.

Things to mix it up:

Change up your workouts
    Get some HIIT workouts
    Lift heavy weights
    Drink lots more water
    Up your protein intake
    Lower your carbs
    Get lots of fibre
    Got healthy fats

I am sure your do fab, The smaller you get, the harder & slower it is!!

XX
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    "How to lose that last 10 pounds?!"

In exactly the same way - by eating at a calorie deficit. Doesnt matter how you do it.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    but i'm expecting the progress to get slower and to need to be more patient with myself and more accurate with my logging
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    stay at maintence calories for a two to four weeks then proceed to go into a calorie deficit again..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Note ticker below...

I haven't done anything different...except upped my calories by 100 as I am so close to maintenance and I don't want a huge jump when I hit it.

I haven't changed my workout much...since I lift weights...

You just need to be more accuate with logging and burns.