yesterday...
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Start now!! :)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm 210lbs and I already started lifting, what exactly were you waiting for?
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do not delay. Begin lifting NOW. Gaining lean muscle mass raises your metabolism, plus lifting keeps your body burning calories longer than cardio! So anyone wanting to lose fat should be lifting weights/resistance training. It is such a common misconception that you need to get to your ideal body weight, then tone up. WRONG! There are so many benefits to lifting, and not limited to: increased energy, boosts libido, and you will have a nice tight body! I would strongly suggest utilizing free weights focusing on form and squeezing the muscle during your reps, which will yield optimal results! Depending upon your goal with lifting (whether to just tone up or to seriously bulk up more). You will want to be working the muscle to failure! Meaning that you should be struggling to finish out your reps. If you want to bulk you will be really maxing out the weights you can push at lower reps. If you desire to just tone up, you will use lower weights and higher reps. I hope this helps! EITHER WAY GET LIFTING NOW
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I followed the path you're contemplating and wish I hadn't. I should have started lifting last year, but I waited until I lost better than 100 lbs. Lifting make a huge difference! Like everyone said, don't worry about the scale so much... I haven't lost much more than a few pounds in months but I've gone from 3X to 2X shirts so... yeah.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thankyou guys a lot! :) I will join a gym in order to get lifting right now!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yesterday
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    START TODAY!

What she said above!!!!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    You should start lifting yesterday. Muscle burns calories in resting mode, your whole body will tone. LIFT LIFT LIFT.