need some help

bigsteve
bigsteve Posts: 29
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
ok where to start?im 27 400 lbs and have really bad hips and back.i have been walking to the end of my driveway 4 to 6 times maybe about 300 ft all together.the thing is im going to a heart doctor to be check about my heart to see if anything is wrong.well i get really short winded and some times get sharp chest pains till my heart rate comes down then it goes away. what do u guys think?

Replies

• ok where to start?im 27 400 lbs and have really bad hips and back.i have been walking to the end of my driveway 4 to 6 times maybe about 300 ft all together.the thing is im going to a heart doctor to be check about my heart to see if anything is wrong.well i get really short winded and some times get sharp chest pains till my heart rate comes down then it goes away. what do u guys think?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I think your doctor can give you a better answer than anyone of us can.
    Just please don't over do it.
    Take it easy.
    One step at a time until your doctor gives you the ok to do more.
    Ask him what type of exercise you can do and for how long.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I am glad to hear that you are having your heart checked. I would suggest however that if it checks out fine that you have your thyroid checked. Especially for a condition called Hashimotos. I and many of my family have this thyroid issue and you can have what is called a thyroid storm that can mimic what you have described. Just a heads up I am not in the medical field and in no way know everything there is to know.

Have you ever looked into one of those mini bike where it is just the pedals that sit on the floor. I am not sure what they are called but I can see how they could be very handy for anyone who has a lack of space or needs an exercise that can be done in short bursts.

Hope things go well at your appointment. Ask your doctor lots of questions let him/her know what you are doing.

Eve
This discussion has been closed.