New Schedule, New requirements... HELP!

Kminor67
Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok folks... my husband and I own a cleaning service, where we go to difference businesses and we clean their offices, restrooms, breakrooms, etc. We once had 27 employees, but due to the state of the economy, we have lost business and revenue, and we have laid off almost everyone. Now my husband and I are doing the majority of the work ourselves. As a result, I am doing much more physical labor than I used to (before my primary job function was bookkeeping, payroll, office duties, etc). I have been on MFP for almost two months, and have totally changed my eating habits, which is fantastic. Now here's the problem: Since I'm going to be doing so much more physical work, I'll be burning a lot more calories. I'm going to need to eat some of these exercise calories so that I don't go into starvation mode. Should I change my regular activity level from sedentary to something more active? Should I just log everything as exercise? What should I do?

I'm concerned that I might not be able to consume all those calories, because I am eating so much healthier and not eating junk. My habits have changed, and my stomach has "shrunk". I don't want my body to go into starvation mode, so I'm just not sure what to do. HELP!

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Change your lifestyle to something more active, since it's related to your job.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i agree...i would up to the more active "job" listing on your profile and continue to log actual exercise as exercise and keep putting your food in.....see what happens with the calories and try it for a week or so and see what happens....
    good luck and i'm sorry your business has changed so drastically that you have to make changes to your lifestyle this way....
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    definitely change your status from sedentary since you won't be sitting most of the day anymore. Don't count the cleaning you do AT WORK as exercise. The change in status will account for that. If you clean AT HOME After Hours then you can count that. You prob won't have as many Exercise Calories to worry about this way. Good Luck and let us know what changes MFP gives you.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Agreed, change your status to something more active.

A great way to get some extra calories PLUS some protein and healthy fats......EAT NUTS! They are little power houses of nutrition. Or have two tablespoons of peanut butter and fruit......or pb and whole wheat crackers. Just a little tip there. :)

I'm sure you will do great. Congrats on your healthy choices thus far. And I'm sorry to hear about your business. Hopefully things will improve before too much longer.
This discussion has been closed.