Eating in a deficit - look like I'm putting on fat?

Options
So lately Ive upped my calories a bit - only to about 2000 a day and I've been training pretty hard (mostly weights with some cardio). I've stopped weighing myself on the scale, but this morning i measured myself and took a couple of pictures and I am noticeably bigger, particularly around my waist.

I wouldn't have thought I could have possibly put on any fat, I would say I've been eating about maintaince, lots of clean foods, controlled carbs, high proteins and healthy fats. I've been eating about 6 meals a day.

My question is, do you think this could be something else? Water retenion? My body adjusting to higher calories (I've been known to be a bit of a yo-yoer!

Or do you think I'm kidding myself and I need to drop my calories?

I've already dropped them this week to 1600 and upped my cardio which was my plan for the next 5 weeks, however I'm worried i'm not going to see the right results if I'm putting on weight at 2000cals!

If it makes any difference I'm 5'3, 133lbs (last time i checked) and about 27% bf.

Replies

• sarzee2
    sarzee2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chiming in for answers also...I started eating about 1600 calories a day about 6 weeks ago and concentrating on lifting and HIIT 3x/week, with usually 1 Pilates class and 2 days of running for fun...I see a noticeable (good) difference in my arms and legs, but it seems like my stomach has gotten rounder! So frustrating!

I'm 5'5" and about 125 last time I weighed myself, which I don't anymore.

Anyone know why this could be? Is the fat migrating from other areas to my stomach?