MFP calories or fitbit calories?

Options
Which should I use? I have my daily calorie on MFP set for 1495 - as that is what my TDEE tells me. However - if I follow MFP's calorie guideline I am then over on FitBit's recommendation. Just wondering if I should be following FitBit daily calorie allowance - as it is taking into consideration how many calories I am burning before it gives my calorie allowance. What does everyone else do? Thanks!

Carrie

Replies

• nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You can check the FitBit forum for details but I use MFP for calories and water.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have my MFP set to lose 0.5 pounds a week with a sedentary activity level. That gives me 1360. Then fitbit will add calories for my daily activity and I eat most of those. I usually eat 1500-1600 calories per day. I don't look at the calories remaining on my fitbit, just MFP.

Also, my fitbit is set to lose 0.5 a week and while the calorie number differs from MFP, it's not by much.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    They should be close - if your settings match. Make sure you have the same weight loss goal on each site. I thought I did but was set for 1 pound at Fitbit and 1.5 pounds at MFP and so MFP always gave me a lower goal. Since I fixed that they are now pretty close.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I find ,myself between active and very active on MFP for activity level ,and because of this when I had my fitbit I would set MFP to active and it would adjust everyday, so my MFP and fitbit TDEE were not close at the start of the day because of this. But my daily calorie goals for the day after MFP adjustment and fitbit daily burned by the end of the day would be close.