Driven to get fit!

Options
tparkin
tparkin Posts: 126 Member
I have been a member of the site since September but I am just now beginning to use the full site. I'm 5'3" and currently 165lbs ( don't know my BMI). Though ultimately my goal is to feel healthy, obviously weight loss and toning are things that I hope come along with that. Currently I am working out 4-6 days a week doing 30 minutes cardio, a full circuit of weight training, and core work. I'm eating 1200 cal NET (1525 approx. with exercise). Is this what I should be doing? I'm also keeping at a cardio level when on the eliptical etc., should I be doing this or slowing down to be at a fat burning level.

ANY advise would be great!

Keep you posted!!!

Replies

• tparkin
    Options
    I have been a member of the site since September but I am just now beginning to use the full site. I'm 5'3" and currently 165lbs ( don't know my BMI). Though ultimately my goal is to feel healthy, obviously weight loss and toning are things that I hope come along with that. Currently I am working out 4-6 days a week doing 30 minutes cardio, a full circuit of weight training, and core work. I'm eating 1200 cal NET (1525 approx. with exercise). Is this what I should be doing? I'm also keeping at a cardio level when on the eliptical etc., should I be doing this or slowing down to be at a fat burning level.

ANY advise would be great!

Keep you posted!!!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a lot of things just right~ congratulations! I am thinking that if you have the time, doing a little more cardio but in the fat-burning level will benefit you more for weight loss. BUT, you are doing is wonderful for your heart and is great for the long run (no pun intended)!!!

Oh, and when you are on your home page, click on "Tools" to find out what your BMI is!

Keep up the good work! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • tparkin
    Options
    Thank you.... I've kind of been going by everything that I have learnt on my own. I found out my BMI is around 29.2. I'm a stay at home mom but my kids are in school full days so that leaves me with time during the days. Should I maybe try 30 min elliptical, then strength, then maybe 15 min treadmill in fat burning zone. I tend to gravitate to the elliptical,and I do use the moving handles....I have a hard time with the treadmill ( I have asthma and it seems to make me weazy ) so that would be a good reason to use the treadmill at a fat burning level.

What do you think?
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. There are others out there who are really experts and may have other advice for you if they see this! At the rate you are going, you are getting sooooo healthy!!!!!