Foot cramps

Options
The last couple of days I've had some pretty severe foot cramps. My whole foot and toes are like you'd see in rigor mortis and extremely painful (my kids think its hilarious seeing my foot contorted!)

I'm not dehydrated, salt intake has dropped slightly but nothing drastic. Anyone have any ideas what is likely to be causing it?

Cheers

Cat

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I get leg, foot, or hand cramps regularly. I immediately eat a banana, and the cramps go away. I believe bananas are high in potassium.
    Might help you, too. Of course the kids may be a little disapointed... :wink:
    Enjoy. :drinker: (water)
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's got stuck in my head somewhere that cramps are caused by lack of potassium, always told my kids to try eating a banana.
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    jinx
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cramps are usually a sign of lacking potassium. If eating extra potassium doesn't help, maybe there is something wrong with the muscle? I don't know if injury to it would cause cramping though.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I get them a lot too. Potassium helps. Had one this morning. Woke me right up out of a sound sleep. Bio-freeze, It is not a cure but it does help the pain. That's what I use on mine. Are you walking more or doing a different type of exercise? If so could be your muscles just are not used to it yet. Plus any injury's? My finger on my right hand was injured a while back and it loves to go in cramp mode every day it seems. Actually it was the arm that was injured but the muscles that control the fingers was affected more. If it keeps up, go check with the doctor if you can.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    No injuries, not fit enough to get one lol. Apart from bananas what can I eat to try out potassium...I will eat most things just not bananas:sick:

EDIT - Sorry was being lazy, just looked it up, I havent had my orange juice for a few days, that was probably my main source unless I've had a fish dish. Back on the OJ