Losing weight for the Navy

Options
Hey everyone! I'm 22 years old, and am getting into better shape before I leave for the Navy at the end of the year. I used to weigh over 300 pounds when I played football, although I'm tall, so it wasn't as noticeable. However, my clothes slowly stopped fitting, as I was getting fatter from ordering pizza and subs almost every day to my dorm. I got sick of my clothes starting to fit tighter and tighter, so I decided to make a change. I did keto for a while, and it worked great, as it took me out of the 300s, and down to 275 in about a month and a half, but I stopped doing it. I gained about 15 pounds after stopping keto, and hovered around 290 for about a year.

I went to the recruiter 2 months ago, where he told me that I needed to lose 4 inches off my waist in order to meet their bodyfat regulations. I've always worked out at least 5 times a week, but never lost much weight. I realized that I was eating too much. I started keeping track of my calories, and as of last week, I lost the 4 inches off my waist, and about 25 pounds.

I feel good, I'm starting to run more again, and my ultimate goal is to be at 235-240 before I leave for basic training in November/December!