Backs of knees ?

Options
The back of my knees/ upper calves/ lower thigh is VERY tight… if I do jump rope they hurt after about 15. It hurts to sit on the floor with my legs strait in front of me. Are there some good stretches or exercise I can do to improve that area?

Replies

• DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mine are tight too. I've never been able to touch my toes with my feet together. I've been stretching but still no better.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    hamstring, IT band, calf stretches. Plus don't forget quads and glutes.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am the same way with touching toes too. Kicking up is also difficult. (on the back of the knee area, all of the other muscles seem fine with it)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Flexibility comes with CONSISTENT flexibility work. And not just a couple of minutes a day. Usually 30 minutes or more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Flexibility comes with CONSISTENT flexibility work. And not just a couple of minutes a day. Usually 30 minutes or more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    What I was about to say.
    I used to dance in highschool, stretched for 30+ min a day and I was like a pretzle. fast forward 7 years and not much stretching and I too cant touch my toes.