Separating Weight Gain from Water/Glycogen

Options
2»

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, with logging you would not have those questions in the first place. You would know now what you ate and how that possibly influenced your maintenance. Even if you don't like to log ( which in a way you do, because even a mental tally is a form of logging), I would do it on occasions like Easter, Christmas and other special occasions.
    That way you are in control and would not have to rely on answers from people who have even less of an idea than you in regard to why and what you ate and how it influenced your weight, because only you know if you ate 3500 calories more than maintenance ( which with holiday foods and snacks is actually not so difficult to do ) or not. For all of us in this thread, it's even more unreliable guesswork than it is for you.

ETA: Unless you started recently a very hardcore new exercise routine or are a complete newbie to exercise you have nothing to worry about in regard to water & glycogen. Increased salt, medication, heat etc however are another matter.
  • OneManRiot17
    OneManRiot17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you were going low on carbs, then suddenly you werent, yeah, you'll puff up fast. It'll go away when your stores deplete again
  • bcmom_1980
    Options
    I was struggling with this too, I was getting sick of logging so after I had been on maintenance around 2.5 months, I started tracking only on weekdays. I did this for a while, then went on h
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    tagging to review later...