Gotta stop the snacking....

Options
For the last 2 weeks I feel like I fell off the snacking wagon! I was doing so well at work with not eating stupid little things all day long......hard candy, just one little oreo (or 2), whatever homemade treat my co-workers bring in......and for the last two weeks I have gotten back into bad habits! I look at my log at the end of the day and realize there can be up to 300 calories in stupid little snacks that I didnt need or really want!! HELP! I gotta get back on track or I am going to be stuck here forever.....

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ali

Replies

• alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    For the last 2 weeks I feel like I fell off the snacking wagon! I was doing so well at work with not eating stupid little things all day long......hard candy, just one little oreo (or 2), whatever homemade treat my co-workers bring in......and for the last two weeks I have gotten back into bad habits! I look at my log at the end of the day and realize there can be up to 300 calories in stupid little snacks that I didnt need or really want!! HELP! I gotta get back on track or I am going to be stuck here forever.....

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ali
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ya some of that stupid candy is what puts me over the edge damn those candy companies!!!!!!!!:grumble:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    I feel ya, sista!!! Here are my best cures for the snacking bug:

Keep a big glass of ice water, or for me sometimes, a cold bottle of Propel water (only 10 calories per 8 oz.) nearby at all times!

Chew strong mint-flavored sugarless gum. (Some say that you burn off any calories in gum with the chewing anyway)! :laugh:

Take lo-cal snacks to work and substitute:

Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt (60 cal) ... assuming you have access to a fridge
    Carrot and celery sticks, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes etc. with lo-fat ranch
    Rice cakes, if they don't disgust you
    You get the idea....whatever you think will work for you!

THEN, mentally label the junk food as "ABSURD!" and tell yourself this over and over. I have a long list of absurdities (with DONUTS at the top)!

Best of luck, Debbie
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow good ideas Debbie!!!!!!!!

I love those....especially the strong minty gum....that would totally work!

hugs and thanks!
    Ali a fellow picker and snacker!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I agree with Light & Fit yogurt.. you can even put the yogurt in the freezer for a bit to make them a bit of a slushy consistency.

You should also eat foods with more fiber. You'll stay full longer.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Options
    Similar to the gum suggestion... I used to keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in my cube drawer (back in the days of workin at an office). Whenever I'd get that snacky feeling I'd go brush my teeth... since ANYTHING you eat after brushing your teeth is going to taste horrible and you're not going to want to dirty up your minty fresh breath with chips and a soda! The messed up thing was the vending machine was right next to the bathroom! So I'd have to really make a beeline to the bathroom with my toothbrush and toothpaste to bypass that stupid vending machine!

You could also keep some carrots or some other healthy snack nearby. Maybe mentally labeling how many calories/how long at the gym it takes to burn off the snacks if you eat them?

I know, it is hard! I feel ya! Good luck!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from! I'm a teacher and I have a bag of Jolly Ranchers and Starburst in my desk drawer and every time I open it to get something out, I see and smell them in there, taunting me!! haha...I've been doing a good job of staying out of it..even though the kids have been driving me CRAZY!! haha..