I need help what do i do

Options
I am going away with my sister this coming weekend and it is catered With so called healthy food. Only the pictures taken of the food is wine cheese jatz cheese cakes chocolate cake roast dinners Dips i know what i wanna do but i fear that it will seem obsessive i want to take some healthy food salads rice crackers. I don't eat red meat i have never eaten red meat and the place we are going offers a special meal if you have dietary requirements but it is extra for every meal. Even so i was suppose to call them a month in advance to tell them but i forgot so it is to late for that now. My sister is the opposite of supportive of when it comes to me losing weight at any opportunity she offers what i call evil food evil drink and has no apologies for it and also she calls me names to do with my weight ( even thou she is two of me ) calling me these name tends to trigger my eat to feel better response. I usually have techniques to deal with it but seeing as i will be stuck in the middle of nowhere with her as my support with no internet and no friends help me what do i do that doesn't seem to extreme :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Replies

• cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You can only do what you can do.
    Go, eat & enjoy. Theres no reason to panic. Try to eat what you need to. If it is a huge meal, portion it out. Let's face it you have to eat - there is no reason to starve yourself & if you end up gaining after the weekend then it will be FAR less than as if you ate everything in sight. Drink alot of water (bring drink packets if you use them), Bring 100 calorie snacks or protein bars if you need them ( your Sister doesnot need to know, does she?) Try to fill up on the salads BUT have other proteins!! My nutritionist told me wine is 120-150 calories per glass.

Don't complain to her - what can she do - Just have a blast!
  • This probably sounds like one of those extreme answers you aren't looking for ... And .. It's probably only good for the future .... But ... I think that until your sister gets a heart maybe you shouldn't plan to do these type of things with her. That being said ... Take your healthy food with you. If sister makes a mean or spiteful comment ... Just politely, but firmly tell her that your health is a top priority, and you plan to keep it that way! Do what you can to stay away from the food that you know is a trigger for you, and eat what you can that won't end up in a binge. As for the way your sister treats you ... Talks to you ... Well ... After this event I would just make a real effort not to spend much extended time with her in any situation!! If she begins to notice that you're giving her the cold shoulder ... Explain in plain and simple terms so that she really GETS why you don't want to be around her!! You need support and encouragement ... And advice when you're confronting a situation like the one this weekend, and she's obviously not your source for this.

KIM
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Are you staying at 500 calories because of having had a lap band procedure, or just because you decided on that? I don't normally like to stick my nose in to other people's personal stuff since I have a whole bunch of weight to lose, but 500 calories a day is so low that you could easily end up with a totally wrecked metabolism (making it much easier to gain weight in the future), and also a negative effect on your skin, hair, etc. I tried to do a 1000-calorie diet years ago, and because I wasn't getting any healthy fats or anything, my hair got to be like straw and it got really thin and scraggly... my skin looked much older than my years at the time... I was more emotional and irritable... it just wasn't a good plan, and I DID put the weight back on really fast. 500 calories also makes it pretty impossible to eat socially, and even though I think it's unfair if your sister is trying to get you to eat desserts and stuff, I think it's different if she just wants to share a meal with you and you're barely eating anything.

Not trying to criticize, I promise, just worried about you.
  • canbecanbe
    Options
    Are you staying at 500 calories because of having had a lap band procedure, or just because you decided on that? I don't normally like to stick my nose in to other people's personal stuff since I have a whole bunch of weight to lose, but 500 calories a day is so low that you could easily end up with a totally wrecked metabolism (making it much easier to gain weight in the future), and also a negative effect on your skin, hair, etc. I tried to do a 1000-calorie diet years ago, and because I wasn't getting any healthy fats or anything, my hair got to be like straw and it got really thin and scraggly... my skin looked much older than my years at the time... I was more emotional and irritable... it just wasn't a good plan, and I DID put the weight back on really fast. 500 calories also makes it pretty impossible to eat socially, and even though I think it's unfair if your sister is trying to get you to eat desserts and stuff, I think it's different if she just wants to share a meal with you and you're barely eating anything.

Not trying to criticize, I promise, just worried about you.
    nope not starving myself prescribed eating plan that is all
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Wish you good health and a more supportive family. You do what you need to do to take care of yourself.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    If you have to, pull her to the side and politley tell her you don't appreciate her snide remarks :grumble: and in the future you would appreciate more support. And if she is interested in a healthier lifestyle you would be happy to help her with it :wink: I would eat a healthy snack in my car so I'm not so hungry and snack on some of the things they offer that I like. Hope things go well for you. :flowerforyou: