HELP ME!! Figuring calories and fat per serving

Options
I am a pizza fanatic! I mean I love love looooooooooooove it! I mean who doesn't?
So tonight, I am hitting the grocery store and purchasing a whole wheat crust and other healthy choices to make it my own!
Here's my problem.. How do I take all those ingredients and figure out the calories and fats and blah blah blah.

Here is what my logical self thinks... keep up with the amount per servings I use in each ingredient. Total all those calories and fats and carbs into one number. Then if I want to cut my pizza into 8 slices, say I have 8 servings.. so then take that 1 number and divide it by 8. Like if it totals 893 calories for all the ingredients i use per.. I would divide the calories by 8.

IS THIS RIGHT???

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    That's how I would do it. Or just enter as a recipe - all the ingredients and MFP will calculate the macros.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder on here. You put in all your ingredients for the entire pizza and it gives you an option to divide it by how many servings you want it to have. Voila! You have your pizza information divided by how many servings you designate. :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yes. its about as close as you can get. of course some slices will have more cheese than another but, meh, its all about estimates really.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder on here. You put in all your ingredients for the entire pizza and it gives you an option to divide it by how many servings you want it to have. Voila! You have your pizza information divided by how many servings you designate. :)

this is the way to go.

there have been a couple recipes I've made with 8 or more ingredients that I first attempted to log in specific gram totals. Not worth the headache, use the recipe builder and choose how many portions you want.