King's Hawaiian Bread

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to ask this question....

What IS King's Hawaiian Bread??

I'm so sad for you!

I seriously almost bought a package at the grocery store this morning but knew it wouldn't make it until dinner and I didn't burn THAT many calories this morning!

(not a spam fan though)
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    They are!! Got them off a Korean food truck once. I forget the name though :/
    King's Hawaiian bread Korean ribs sliders are awesome!!
    Damn, that sounds good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That bread is bomb :) I could eat a whole pack of those rolls (horrible i know)
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    What's so special about the bread ? I googled it and it looks to me just like another " stick to the roof of one's mouth" type factory baked bread, just more yellow in color. I doubt that that is from more eggs and butter....lol.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Lol, Spam is da bomb! Guess you just have to be Asian or grew up on it to understand.

I think being Asian is not enough.....:o), but the growing up on Spam works for me.
    I lived for almost 20 years in Japan, Thailand , Singapore and Malaysia and never saw any Spam, or knew anyone who ate it. I kind of like it with veggies over pasta, or in scrambled eggs over home fried potatoes ( a remnant from those post war " Care " packages we got from the Americans...lol ).
  • LadyKeto
    LadyKeto Posts: 1
    Options
    I got my man addicted to King's bread, he bought a Sam's Club membership when he learned they sell it in extra large bags. The nearest club is 30 minutes away! It's the only bread we keep in the house now. They're also good with just a slice of real cheese (I like smoked gouda). Or to dip in a chowder.

Thinly sliced fried spam, garlic rice, scrambled eggs, and a bit of soy sauce and freshly diced tomatoes to sprinkle over. Standard breakfast growing up with a mom from the Philippines.

If you've never had it before, they are little slider-type buns with a sweeter taste than your average loaf bread. They are *not* as sweet as pastry breads. Get the Original flavor, it's the best.

I miss eating those little spam sandwiches! What a nice little trip back into my childhood. :happy:
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just had some too! Minus the spam.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    What's so special about the bread ? I googled it and it looks to me just like another " stick to the roof of one's mouth" type factory baked bread, just more yellow in color. I doubt that that is from more eggs and butter....lol.

It's mildly sweet. Yes, it does stick to the roof of your mouth and it does come from a factory. Neither of those are deal breakers for me. It tastes good and I occasionally make it fit into my nutritious diet. Yum.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Were you high?
    122do53.jpg

LMAO!!!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Just had some with SPAM in the middle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

SOUNDS so good together! Yum
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    No cool whip frosting? </3
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i grew up on it. it still sucks *kitten*

spam that is
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options

BLASPHEMY!
  • gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Is it really Hawaiian?

Is it really for a King??

(of course its for a King, but still.. is it Hawaiian?)
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    when I saw this I was in the midst of completing a King's Hawaiian Savory Rolls binge. Argh! They are truly just too good. The ultimate dinner roll (except for those I make myself :) )
  • ptaradactyl88
    ptaradactyl88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lol! I gave up bread for lent so on Saturday I bought the giant package of King's Hawaiian Rolls and have been enjoying them daily in moderation. The only bread I have eaten since Fat Tuesday. And Spam would fit on it very nicely :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The nerve of you, defiling a piece of delicious king's Hawaiian bread like that. This can't be real life!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    With honey baked ham and mustard. Toast the bread in the oven with a little cheddar cheese, throw the ham on there half way through the toasting process to let it warm and eat four or five of them. At least that is what I used to do. :drinker:
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Martin's potato rolls would beat the spam off any King's Hawaiian bread in my house.

Never cared for the sweetness of King's.

But potato rolls? In particular, Martin's?

Yes ma'am!

31840a5332ac6f42327c1617209aba68.jpg
  • waski1214
    waski1214 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So Minnesota :) Love it!