Question about the excercise diary

Options
tobykeohane
tobykeohane Posts: 24 Member
If i add an excercise to my diary it gives me more calories for the day but if I eat over my original calorie goal will I still loose weight

Replies

• Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • GelasiaT
    GelasiaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes you will. What its doing is giving you back the calories you burned from your exercises, but you don't have to consume those calories, it's up to you. Most people say its a benefit to consume them or at least half of them.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I hear that it's best to eat back half of your exercise calories (+ goal for the day). So if you burn 400 calories and your goal is 1200 then you'd eat (400/2) + 1200 calories = 1400 calories for the day. Some people say to eat back all of them but you have to remember that the food calories might be slightly underestimated (portion sizes slightly off, seasoning not counted, etc.) and the exercise calories can sometimes be overestimated.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    yes...your weight loss deficit is built into your calorie goal based on an estimate of your non-exercise maintenance calories as derived via statistical averages of people of similar stats. because this estimate is based on your non-exercise maintenance you have to account for exercise somewhere...so you log it and get those calories to eat back. you should adjust for some estimation error though, it is difficult to truly know how much you burn per any given exercise.
  • tobykeohane
    tobykeohane Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's great, I don't feel guilty now after eating 25g of nuts. Thanks guys x