New Balance Shoes

2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I work out/ run in the NB Minimus and absolutely love them.
    Not sure if you were thinking of going more minimal for your runs - these aren't for long distances, but for 4-5 miles, they are perfect.
    And I love lifting in them.

agreed.

I run in vibrams and minimus and love them. I was a little disappointed with the minimus sole quality (it's made my vibram) becaue I had rubber bits coming loose within a month- but they have actually held up very well despite the initial "break in" issues.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Love New Balance! Check out http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com for some great deals on shoes. I recently got a pair for 34.99 - originally 144.99. They have great deals on clothing also.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I love New Balance (women's shoes) because they fit my very narrow feet with their narrower heel cup and yet the toe box is wide enough. No more slopping around in 'shoe boxes' I also like Merrells for trail running & hiking for the same reason. They seem to last OK - if you run a lot your shoes wear out quickly (not necessarily the sole, but the stabilization/support and cushioning)
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    I work out/ run in the NB Minimus and absolutely love them.
    Not sure if you were thinking of going more minimal for your runs - these aren't for long distances, but for 4-5 miles, they are perfect.
    And I love lifting in them.

I have them and ran maybe twice with them. I need more support shoes. I have to retrain myself to run in minimalist shoes. I'll revisit them again someday. so far they just sit and watch my nike lunarglides 5 get all the miles.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    I'd say it depends on your feet & foot tendencies. Even so not all models of their shoe are equal. I bought a pair of 1210 (I think that's it) after seeing they were well rated for arch support & pronation control, and they were discounted thru Amazon, and I've been happy with them.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    My prior shoe was the Brooks Adrenaline GTS - bought at a local running store.

I just checked my Amazon history and it is the New Balance 1210 shoe I bought. Its rated as a 'trail shoe' but has what I need for arch support & pronation control. Check them out if you can.
    Thanks- I've put in ~400 miles in my Brooks Adrenaline 13s at this point and I'm looking to replace them. Need something to get me through some more high mileage and my training for my 13.1 and upcoming 26.2.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Thanks- I've put in ~400 miles in my Brooks Adrenaline 13s at this point and I'm looking to replace them. Need something to get me through some more high mileage and my training for my 13.1 and upcoming 26.2.

Yeah, I like Brooks for running (and Newton), but it's all about what works for you. NB doesn't have enough support or cushion for me on runs, but obviously some others like them. I got fitted at a running store, FWIW.