Low Carb and Intermittent Fasting

Options
I am really excited to be joining this forum to lose weight and happy to be in a community of good caring and honest people.

I want some thoughts on the plan I am doing. It is Low Carb and I eat between a 4 hour time window and twice a week eat low calories (600) as a part of the 5:2 diet which involves eating a normal calorie intake five times a week (I am eating 1400 to net 1200 calories total with exercise) and am planning on being lightly active.

My exercise will come mostly from my work it is part time right now but will be full time in the summer and it is working at a horse ranch. Three to four times per week I will be in charge of mucking 6 stalls, feeding and watering 6 horses, turning them in and out to their paddocks and doing general barn work like sweeping or cleaning the cobwebs and grooming is an available option to me if I would like extra hours. I will also be going for a walk in the morning (not on days I work as days I work I am working early morning hours) and for a walk in the early evening as well as one around 8 pm and also work out with my hula hoop (I have a heart illness so I cannot do running or biking but walking is perfect for me) for 30 minutes on days I am not working at the barn. I am contemplating weight lifting but I honestly feel TOTALLY clueless in that department and foolish even picking up a weight because I have no clue if I am squatting enough or bench pressing enough.

I eat a lot of mini steaks (130 calories; 1 carbohydrate), sausages, chicken, green salad, eggs, greek yogurt and I ALWAYS drink at least two FULL 32 OZ water bottles. I drink a lot of diet pop with 0 calories.

Twice a week I eat 600 calories as it is apart of my 5:2 diet and I make sure to only go for one to two walks maximum on those days and NEVER do anything too active or strenuous.

I am trying to lose 1.5-2 pounds per week and go from 164 pounds at 5'9 to 150 pounds at 5'9 by July 1st (aka bikini season) that would be about 15 pounds in a ten week time frame. I am really unhappy with my body and how it looks and I am sick of seeing my body in such a state. It disgusts me.

I am wondering whether y'all think my plan is healthy and good for weight loss?

Cheers :)

Replies

• DEPick
    DEPick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have no particular training or claimed advanced knowledge in things nutrition, but I have to say that I see no glaring weakness or danger in your plan. I have done something very similar(computing for gender/activity variables) in the past with great results and was able to sustain for a good while. The only helpful (not necessary) component I could suggest is a fitness monitor of some sort so you can more accurately compute how many calories your daily schedule is actually effecting, as I think your estimate of general stable maintenance may be a bit low. Also your anxiety about weight lifting is shared by many, and I have observed that starting on simple body-weight exercises is a great way of getting yourself over the hump. You can Google that and get ideas of how to start! Good luck and cheers back at ya.