need advice to consume 2820 cal/day..any good eating plans?

Options
hey guys im new to this whole app, hoping to get some help. Im actually doing a little report to create an ideal meal plan to gain 2820 cal/day. i created my profile for class and i would like to gain weight without overeating proteins and fats. what im looking for help on i guess is a well balanced diet to achieve the daily goal.

Replies

• ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to avoid overeating protein and fats? Generally those are the macros I prioritize - loss, maintenance, or gain.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah mine +1000 calories...wow what I could do with that extra 1k calories...nom nom.
  • matt6050
    matt6050 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to avoid overeating protein and fats? Generally those are the macros I prioritize - loss, maintenance, or gain.

Agreed: the best way to gain weight would be to not overdo it on carbohydrates. focus on protein and fats (the good ones found in nuts, eggs, fish, avocado etc.). Just make sure you're keeping some sort of healthy exercise, make sensible food choices, and snack often and on calorie dense foods.

best of luck!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    drink a glass of milk at every meal
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Do some research on IIFYM and similar things. Eating plans are so frustrating to follow and often people give up when having to follow the same thing day by day
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

Agreed: the best way to gain weight would be to not overdo it on carbohydrates. focus on protein and fats (the good ones found in nuts, eggs, fish, avocado etc.). Just make sure you're keeping some sort of healthy exercise, make sensible food choices, and snack often and on calorie dense foods.

best of luck!

The best way to gain weight is to eat over your calorie needs, it doesn't matter what you're eating.Bizarre that you've picked carbohydrates to avoid!

The best way to gain muscle on the other hand, is..along with heavy lifting, ummm, carbohydrates, fats and adequate protein! 250cals excess a day for women, 500 for men.

Explain the carb avoidance to me?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of peanut butter.................. Mmmmm yummy!

That will bump up your calories a lot : )
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    hey guys im new to this whole app, hoping to get some help. Im actually doing a little report to create an ideal meal plan to gain 2820 cal/day. i created my profile for class and i would like to gain weight without overeating proteins and fats. what im looking for help on i guess is a well balanced diet to achieve the daily goal.

Try this. Eat minimum...

.8g protein per pound of body weight
    .35g fat per pound of body weight
    Fill the rest up with carbs, all kinds, brown, white, glucose, fructose, sucrose.

Create a 6 hour window around your workouts. Put protein, and mostly simple fast carbs in the meals. Eat 3 hours before, and up to 1 hour after. All other times use complex carbs, and less of them.

Do some heavy lifting and cardio exercise. Work out how many calories you burned.
    Add it on and eat more!

Simples
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

thinking the same thing …
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - my diary is open, so feel free to browse it ..I am eating about 2100 to 2200 a day right now..

I would say you want to eat chicken, steak, pork, Greek yogurt, brown rice, ice cream, cookies, throw in some pizza, etc..

Restrict nothing, and enjoy the foods you like, just eat less of them…

the carb avoidance is nonsense, unless you have some kind of medical condition ..

i get 30% of my diet from carbs and am down about nine pounds on this most recent cut...