Diary advice + satiating mid-day snack suggestions

Options
Hey everyone, looking for some advice on my diary.

Lunch is at 12:30ish every day, dinner is not until 6:30-7. I try to snack around 3ish, but come 5pm I am nearly starving and constantly find myself in the kitchen looking for something to eat. I usually resist, but occasionally scrounge up something to tide me over.

Is there something I can change or add during the day that will prevent this from happening? I feel like I am blowing alot of my daily allowance trying to hold me over until dinner time, and even with the snacks I do eat I'm still hungry at dinner and again later in the evening.

Also, can't eat dinner earlier as that is when my hubby gets home.

Replies

• niko919
    niko919 Posts: 551
    Options
    my goto snack is a trail mix, almonds, cashews and raisins.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Great diary first off.

I would probably add more food either at breakfast or lunch.

Like today i would probably have added a little bit more fruit to the breakfast. As for the lunch maybe some meat, tofu or even add some eggs instead of having the egg later on as a snack.

Maybe eat something really light before dinner or while cooking it.

Drinking water always helps
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    apple with almond butter or pb
  • K8Fit
    K8Fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would take this question over to the experts and have them look at your food diary. You also might tell them how much cardio you're doing since it doesn't look like you're eating back your calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When do you eat breakfast? Maybe start later on during the day?
  • ItzfitKat
    Options
    For me I find that if I eat a protein rich snack around 3 then I can make it to 6. but if I do need a little something, or dinner is going to be later, I grab mixed nuts or some a table spoon of PB2 and an couple of apple slices.
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would take this question over to the experts and have them look at your food diary. You also might tell them how much cardio you're doing since it doesn't look like you're eating back your calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

Thanks heading over there now :) I have my calories set based on my TDEE and was told not to eat back my exercise calories in a prior thread.
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great diary first off.

I would probably add more food either at breakfast or lunch.

Like today i would probably have added a little bit more fruit to the breakfast. As for the lunch maybe some meat, tofu or even add some eggs instead of having the egg later on as a snack.

Maybe eat something really light before dinner or while cooking it.

Drinking water always helps

Thanks!
    The funny thing is, the past few days I have just been drinking my protein with water and not eating breakfast and I had amazing energy during my AM workouts. Today I had the yogurt with chia seeds and I was absolutely starving 1/2 way through my cardio and my stomach was audibly growling by lunch time :|

I try to drink about 80oz of water a day, but I will try to drink more before dinner :)