You walk into a bar, what drink is the person above having?

Options

Replies

• surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Jim Beam

Oh dear, you have a lot to learn about whiskey my dear.

@TattooedNicci, I would say a dirty martini with an olive

I hate whiskey, I visited the largest private whiskey collection in Edinburgh hoping to find one to enjoy, alas..I didn't :cry:

It's ok love, I am sure this whiskey hating illness can be cured... I will be praying for you!

@SexySamoan - Bourbon and cola

What would you recommend to a whiskey novice?

IMO a decent whiskey that is easy to drink but still pretty good quality is woodford reserve

Thanks! I'll check it out :)
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

well, this is a hard question to answer because everyone has different tastes. There are varying types of whiskey from Bourbon to Scotch and everything in between. But beginners should try things that you can easily get in any bar like Jim Beam, Glenfiddich etc.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the recommendations, I was the same with red wine initially, I hated it for years..now I love Malbec, cant get enough of it!
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Jim Beam

Oh dear, you have a lot to learn about whiskey my dear.

@TattooedNicci, I would say a dirty martini with an olive

I hate whiskey, I visited the largest private whiskey collection in Edinburgh hoping to find one to enjoy, alas..I didn't :cry:

It's ok love, I am sure this whiskey hating illness can be cured... I will be praying for you!

@SexySamoan - Bourbon and cola

IMO a decent whiskey that is easy to drink but still pretty good quality is woodford reserve

or there's that and Ardberg, Glenlivet...the possiblities are endless love. There is plenty of online advice :flowerforyou:
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Rum and coke
  • Pretty_Little_Nobody
    Pretty_Little_Nobody Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Goldschlager
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    I bet she's a martini gal!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Bourbon on the rocks
  • daveymac31
    daveymac31 Posts: 118
    Options
    liquid cocaine
  • elusive_design
    Options
    Good call, man! Johnny Walker, neat, 2 fingers with a glass of water to the side.
  • CharleePear
    Options
    Rum and coke

I think this is so funny given I just gave advice on good beginner whiskey's. But I do like a good rum and coke too.

@lookin I would say an old fashioned
  • elusive_design
    Options
    Dalwhinnie, water back? ;)
  • CharleePear
    Options
    well, this is a hard question to answer because everyone has different tastes. There are varying types of whiskey from Bourbon to Scotch and everything in between. But beginners should try things that you can easily get in any bar like Jim Beam, Glenfiddich etc.

I started with Jim Beam, now it just doesn't taste so well anymore

I have had the luxery to have tasted a glass of 50 year old Single Malt Highland Park
    (so glad my dad used to be a collector of fine taste)

I still would die happy if i had ever tasted a glass of 105 Year Old Master of Malt from Aisla T’Orten, think that is the most exclusive whiskey you could buy.

We are fated to be friends Gus :flowerforyou:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Angels Envy small batch bourbon
  • CharleePear
    Options

I started with Jim Beam, now it just doesn't taste so well anymore

I have had the luxery to have tasted a glass of 50 year old Single Malt Highland Park
    (so glad my dad used to be a collector of fine taste)

I still would die happy if i had ever tasted a glass of 105 Year Old Master of Malt from Aisla T’Orten, think that is the most exclusive whiskey you could buy.

We are fated to be friends Gus :flowerforyou:

hehe :happy:
    Well i think every men should grow up drinking whiskey, it has soo much taste, and it's actually a lot cheaper then drinking beer.
    Tested it for a few months, drinking only beer when going out, or drinking whiskey and soda.
    The whiskey + soda turned out to be about € 150 euro cheaper over a 2 months run with equal amount of times going out

Ok you had me until you started gender roles...it's not about man vs woman its about PEOPLE, humans should drink fine whiskey.

For me it started when I skulled a 40oz bottle of Jacks lol yup oh dear, skulled and a bottle of cheap stuff. But I developed a taste for it. Then on to Glenfiddich and it got better from there. I was given a glass of $600 a bottle scotch just before Christmas but unfortunatly no one told me the name of it. It was devine, like I went to heaven!
  • elusive_design
    Options
    Scotch, Bourbon, Cognac.. These are things that can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of gender or age(within legal limitations)! Though admittedly I know very few women who would go to a scotch or cognac party without me owing them one hell of a favor. :drinker: Imma go back to drinking my coffee now!
  • elusive_design
    Options
    gfd_setup.jpg I tried to get a pool of my mates together to chip in for one of these bottles, came out close to 5k short though. I am sure it tastes like clouds on a summer afternoon though!
  • CharleePear
    Options
    Ok you had me until you started gender roles...it's not about man vs woman its about PEOPLE, humans should drink fine whiskey.

For me it started when I skulled a 40oz bottle of Jacks lol yup oh dear, skulled and a bottle of cheap stuff. But I developed a taste for it. Then on to Glenfiddich and it got better from there. I was given a glass of $600 a bottle scotch just before Christmas but unfortunatly no one told me the name of it. It was devine, like I went to heaven!

haha, sorry for the gender roles, didn't mean it like that. But over here all the boy's/young men only drink cheap beer in bars (well at least 80-90% is) and you really have to look for special bars to get good whiskey.

I didn't mean to exclude woman out of this, but most woman don't drink whiskey.

I appreciate woman who do have the fine taste of drinking whiskey.
    :flowerforyou:

PS did you know there is a rare Glenfiddich out there, very exclusive and i heard it tasted like heaven as well.

And there was no label on that gift you got?

I fear I have overtaken this thread...

It was a situation where a visiting Speaker for a church conference brought a gift to my old church Pastor. The time before was a box of cubans worth over $700, this time it was scotch whiskey, I was handed a glass, as I had the honour to drink with the visiting speaker and his guest (the other speaker), but I never got to see the bottle. I was told later that the bottle was worth about $600 NZD, I hate to think about the total cost of the Cubans we smoked also lol...it was a rare expensive night, I have experienced nothing quite like it.
  • CharleePear
    Options
    Scotch, Bourbon, Cognac.. These are things that can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of gender or age(within legal limitations)! Though admittedly I know very few women who would go to a scotch or cognac party without me owing them one hell of a favor. :drinker: Imma go back to drinking my coffee now!

I do realise I am not a usual woman, but I hate gender roles. In NZ women are pretty gutsy, you will probably find more scotch etc drinkers here. But still most keep to wine and alchopops and beer.

ETA: might be why I am single, I get labeled as one of the boys.
  • elusive_design
    Options

I do realise I am not a usual woman, but I hate gender roles. In NZ women are pretty gutsy, you will probably find more scotch etc drinkers here. But still most keep to wine and alchopops and beer.

I have never met a person, regardless of gender, from New Zealand who was not a completely awesome person in their own right. Righteousness runs in your veins over there on your awesome little island.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    gfd_setup.jpg I tried to get a pool of my mates together to chip in for one of these bottles, came out close to 5k short though. I am sure it tastes like clouds on a summer afternoon though!

good choice.. Us Scots have the best booze!

I'll serve him a Laphroaig neat