Take Your Child to Work Day

Options
SunofaBeach14
SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
Great idea and it needs to continue?

Interesting concept but also a great way to bore the living hell out of the kiddos and guarantee that the parents get nothing done?

Pie in the sky idea and you now know why your grandfather raised an eyebrow and chuckled the first time he heard about it?

How they hell else is an 8 year old supposed to develop a work ethic?

Discuss . . .

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Better bring something and keep the poor kid entertained with it. Not just ONE something, but a backpack full of somethings.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    Better bring something and keep the poor kid entertained with it. Not just ONE something, but a backpack full of somethings.

Now you tell me . . . seriously though, the iPad was made for days like today
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I always loved it when I was younger..
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My parents ran an at home business. Welcome to everyday of my childhood.
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    *Brings child to work….. makes child work….. sits back and eats cookies.*
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

Those small hands really fit into tight places our adult hands don't fit. Especially machinery.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Those small hands really fit into tight places our adult hands don't fit. Especially machinery.

It's also easier for the kiddos to walk through the shafts in the salt mines
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Cleanup on isle 3! Cleanup on isle 3! Bring a bucket, small pieces to be found in tight places!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Where I live, we bring our kids to work one time when they are in grade nine. I think it's awesome because they get to see where their parents work and they think about whether that is or isn't what they want to do for a career.

They have to complete an assignment regarding their day, and when I did it with my girls, I had a full day of work planned for them with some help from co-workers.

They didn't LOVE the day like they might have if they were younger though. I guess grade nine is the stage when they think they know all there is to know.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    But but...I'm a hooker
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

It's also easier for the kiddos to walk through the shafts in the salt mines

They really have so many untapped uses. Don't they?
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    But but...I'm a hooker

So what you're saying is "I has candy" . . .
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    But but...I'm a hooker

You're reading this all wrong. She IS the candy.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    But but...I'm a hooker

You're reading this all wrong. She IS the candy.

Sweet tarts anyone?

In all seriousness I remember when I was a child wishing I could go to work with my mother. Then I grew up got a job and realized, maybe my kids don't need to see me check MFP all day at "work".
  • brabbit42069
    brabbit42069 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    when I was a kid my mother would always take me on this day. it taught me hard work and perseverance, as well as money management. (my mother was a prostitute btw)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    It was a good experience for my kids. The company ran a program that helped expose them to our business and the culture of work in general, and then helped them think about their life and career goals.