PMS diet breakdown....

c7eat2live
c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Oh my gosh. utter diet breakdown due to what I know have to be PMS cravings. I just cannot resist this time of the month. Yesterday I as way over my cals and I skipped the gym and today Iw as over my calories, ate some junk and didnt have energy at the gym to do more than two miles. so. is it ok to give in a little just these couple days and not worry about it effecting my diet too much?and tips for avoiding junk better? i really crave soda/caffein and sugary/fatty things. :(

Replies

• janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    I have terrible cravings too that TOTM...i try to have low cal fudgesicle and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches on hand..last week because of it I retained water so I lost no weight ...i was so furious...this week I am down 3 so i t maes up for it lol
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    My PMS savior has been the Jello sugar free 60 calorie snack packs, they are amazing!! I have had at least 1 or 2 a day this past week! Also, don't beat yourself up, its a rough week and you deserve a break, just find snacks that don't put you overboard. :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I honestly try to stay away from it doubly @TOM. To give in a little I really like the Godiva Rasperry truffle bars and buy one at my first craving. I pop it in the freezer and have 1/4 of it at the end of each day. I also have Chocolate Luna bars for snacks 1-2 days of that week.

Idk, I would avoid letting yourself use that as an excuse to get off track- I mean a couple days, in a row every month? That just seems like a slippery slope. I would say, focus on let bloaty foods, cut back on the intense gym time - maybe walk everyday and only do your regular cardio at about 1/2 what you normally would, to account for fatigue
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    You absolutely cannot be hard on yourself. Unfortunately for us, this is something we have to put up with. I know the very same thing happens to me too, I even put crappy stuff in my shopping basket without thinking about it. If you take it easy on yourself and allow yourself some 'give' during this time then you will bounce back just fine. I've always said that denying ourselves only makes us want to cheat more. I do try and find alternative "diet stuff" and stock up before I know PMS will hit but that's not always possible. Resolve to be really strict the next few days and you'll get back into things soon.
  • I can totally understand! I agree with having some Skinny Cow's on hand or 90 calorie granola bars.
    Also, If I am really having cravings I will have some green tea and it really helps calm the cravings down!
    Or if your craving sugar, try having a fruit smoothie - the natural sugar is more healthy and it will help you
    resist that candy bar or whatever it may be! Your definitely not alone, so no worries :)
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    thanks so much for the replies! I forgot about how much I love Skinny Cow so thats great idea :) I have lately been trying to drink lots of hot tea and thats been really helpfull too :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    I have this same problem. I keep Claussen Dill Pickles in the fridge to help with my salty cravings. To satisfy my need for chocolate, I have snack bags that each contain 5 hershey kisses (110 calories).

Even when I feel like garbage, I go to my aerobics classes and meet with my trainer. I do what I can and often surprise myself.

Best of luck (to you and the rest of us).

SW: 230 (01/10)
    Height: 5'4"
    CW: 149.4
    GW: 135
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    I have also been struggling with this problem. It feels like a battle sometimes trying to stay away from junk food. If you are craving salty food, I heard green olives help. My problem are chips and chocolate, I can never seem to stay away from them during that period.
This discussion has been closed.