Getting married?

Options
I am a future bride...wedding is in about 2-3 years time, as soon as we are done with educational goals. Anyone else trying to get in shape for the big day other then in general?

Replies

• bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just the opposite...trying to get back in shape after divorce! Only, it's for myself and the kids this time....may marriage/evil abusive stepmoms never ever come between us again. ;-)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Not really trying to lose any more weight - just keep it off now .
    (although if I did lose 5 or 10 I wouldn't be upset) :wink:

But I am getting married in a few months :smile:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Yep! We want to get married as soon as this coming spring, so I'd LOVE to hit my ultimate weight loss goal and be in "maintenance" mode by the time our actual wedding day rolls around. Best wishes to you on your upcoming wedding! (I know it's a while away but still... best wishes on the journey to get to that day!) :)
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married myself, but my baby sister is gettign married in March. I want to look nice in the dress she picked out, so i am trying to lose some pounds. I should have long before this, but now i have a real reason and goal
  • maggy1128
    Options
    Just got engaged myself.. and we are planning on getting married next Summer... so I have almost a year to loose my weight...!! I'm very excited.. and now I have a bigger push for my weight loss.. I soo want to look my best on my wedding.... congrats to you and good luck with your weight loss:wink:
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yep im getting married in 9 months July 16th is the big day this is a big motivation for me but i also want to do this for me anyway xx
  • naguilar210
    Options
    I dream of getting married one day, does that count? hehe
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married july 7, 2012....i figure i'll have a year to lose and a year to maintain...that's the plan anyways...congrats on your big day! and good luck in the planning...
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    That's the reason I lost my weight in the 1st place. I got married nearly 3 months ago. I would say go for it, it felt amazing to be able to wear my gorgeous dress in the size I wanted and I felt like a princess for the day.

Good luck, you can do it.
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes, kinda! a 10th Anniversary & Vows Renewal and the big ceremony that we never had... and the motivation is a wedding dress several sizes smaller than what I was used to wear.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on July 10, 2011. I am trying to stay in shape so I can wear the dress that I bought last year, lol. I have goals of getting to a size smaller than what the dress is, but as long as I don't gain weight, it's all good. So far, I have found that maintaining seems to be harder for me than losing because it's difficult to find the right balance of exercise and calorie intake to stay put. :flowerforyou:
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am getting married April 1, 2011 and want to loose as much as I can. My ultimate goal is to loose 100 lbs total but I'd like to get as close as I can by the wedding day! Good luck to everyone!!
  • lindzbindz
    Options
    i am getting married dec 11th 2010. i just started loosing wieght a month ago. iv lost 17 pounds and hoping for twice that by the wedding and another 20 after the wedding. if i would have started earlier i could have lost it all by the wedding but it will be ok.
  • jo4anne
    jo4anne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 17th Sept 2011 so I want to be nearer to my target weight so I don't look back at my wedding photo's in years to come with regret that I never did anything about it. I also want to make sure my mobility has improved so I've got a big challenge ahead. I've had a couple of blips but myfitnesspal is really helping me to get motivated and keep on track. I get measured for my dress in Feb so I want as much off as I can before then as I can only lose up to two dress sizes after that.