Aren't colds supposed to cause loss of appetite?

Options
My cutting calories just aren't enough right now lol. I've switched to eating at maintain for now. I honestly thought a cold would help with cutting, but obviously I was wrong :/

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You're not going to lose your appetite from being sick all of the time. If anything, you should still try to eat, since your body needs fuel to recover. I had the flu once, and lost 10lbs from the constant vomiting over a week. It all came back pretty quickly (also in part from me refeeding/drinking a ton more fluids due to the extreme deficit I had during that week).

If you're sick, focus on getting better, and not cutting calories. Your body needs it.
  • bunnerfly
    bunnerfly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I rarely lose my appetite when I'm sick, in fact, I tend to eat more!

Get better!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If having a cold reliably suppressed your appetite then the diet fad industry would have people snorting rhinovirus by now.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If having a cold reliably suppressed your appetite then the diet fad industry would have people snorting rhinovirus by now.

Reminds me of that episode of the Office when Mindy's character ate what she thought was a tapeworm to lose weight.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've been using steam to try, and flush it out. Atleast I was able to get a full day in bed the other day lol.