Help!! chinese buffett tonight

trace1971
trace1971 Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Everyone... i need some guidance - firstly - hi, i'm new.. day 3 actually... anyway like most i'm looking to change my eating lifestyle and get fit.. i need to loose about 30kgs.. so'll i'll be at it for a while :) anyway, tomorrow is my birthday and dinner has been planned tonight.. our local all you can eat chinese buffett - i checked out the calories and i'm up for about 800 - what i would like to know is what can i eat at a buffett? and no, there is no option for me to order separate.... please help.. dinner in 4hrs..Trace

Replies

• Wonton Soup

Steamed veggies

Brown rice

Shrimp (steamed preferably... watch your sauces!!!)

Broccoli

Stay away from fried & carby stuff!

Good luck!!!!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    At our buffett there is always grilled salmon available as well as salad and fruit. Start with a big salad to fill yourself up, then SMALL amounts of your favorites...enough to enjoy without regret :)
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    All great suggestions from the above post! And drink lots and lots of water to flush out that extra sodium you'll be taking in!

Have a great birthday!

Trisha
  • thankyou to everyone for replying so quickly.......
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I'd go for miso/wonton soup and sushi. :) All the vegetables and meats.... well, you can't really gauge how much butter and oil and whatever they could have put in them! Miso/wonton soup is really, really low calorie and fat-free though. Sushi is somewhat higher calorie, but shouldn't be too fattening, even if you go for options with cream cheese or avocado in them. If you don't like sushi or the soup, I guess all you can really do is practice portion control tonight and stick to vegetables and lean meats. If you mess up, move on tomorrow.
  • If you look up such places as Panda Express, the items with least calories are such things with just the veggies and meat, like Broccoli Beef, String Bean Chicken. I was suprised that even potstickers, (not crispy fried) weren't too bad in calories.

Good luck and Happy Birthday!!!
This discussion has been closed.