Weighing

aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
How often do you weigh?

I was on a diet a few months ago that you had to weigh everyday.
I was thinking once a week, but thought Id see what everyone else does.

We just did a month of Organic and we weighed in every Monday to keep on track.

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    I weigh myself every day, just to get an idea of what the previous day did for me, but I've decided to only track my weight on a weekly basis.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Weigh yourself whenever you want, but not more than once a day...in the morning...buck naked. Count it once a week. I like Tuesdays.
  • I've always heard itis best to weigh once a week and try to always do it around the same time. Our weight fluctuates from day to day which can cause frustration. I do it every monday morning bfore i jump in the shower and eat breakfast
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    I weigh in once a week, on Friday morning before breakfast.

Monday seems to be a good day for a lot of people, many have said they feel more motivated to stay on track over the weekend.

Do what works for you. I just recommend the same time of day for weigh-ins.
  • Every day, first thing in the morning after you pee, no clothing of course. If you can't handle weight fluctuation you may just want to weigh once a week, but you get a better idea of where your weight trend is going if you graph your progress daily.
  • i actually do it once or twice a day, just to see how much my body is fluctuating. i see the results of too much sodium and sugar when i do that, which i think might be a motivator to be more careful with these things. one time i lost 1 pound from an awesome work out. i try to only log once a week though, because hour to hour and sometimes day to day can be so different. especially for a girl. :)
  • I weigh myself in the morning, after going to the bathroom. Say what you will, but that makes a difference. And before you go eating or drinking ANYTHING, you should be at the weight best suited for keeping track of what you actually weigh! I've heard that you weight fluctuates from day to day due to water retention and such, but I've had a pretty steady weight-loss when I've been good. I hold myself accountable for what I eat, how vigorously and long I work out, and I've seen results every morning after. :)
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Once a month.

Its purely psychological for me. I feel alot better knowing if I lost 4 pounds
    for the month vs 1 pound for the week.

Doug
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    I weigh daily but I don't actually think that works for most people - it doesn't really bother me to see small (1 or 2 pound) differences every day but I know it really bothers others. I only record my weight once a week though. I find that it helps me monitor my water and sodium intake and also keeps me honest about indulgences - if I notice a fluctuation of more than a pound or two I know I need to go back and look at what I'm doing more carefully!
This discussion has been closed.