Lose stone in 81 days???

Options
Will i be able to lose a stone and a bit in 81 days???? AND HOW?!?!

Replies

• oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That seems quite reasonable. Have a look around the forums; there are lots of posts from people asking a similar question. Essentially it all comes down to balancing exercise and good eating habits. Good luck!
  • scolloby
    scolloby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes it's possible. I lost over a stone and a half before I started with mfp. The first stone dropped off in 7-8 weeks, just by cutting out the cake, chocolate and cheese guzzling and reducing portions. The closer you get to your goal weight the slower the weight loss, so the more attention you need to give to the calories you're eating, and to be a sustainable weight loss, you need to re-educate yourself on what a balanced diet really is. To lose your stone and keep it off you need to ask yourself what do you want more, honestly, the chocolate bar (or what ever your weakness is) or your health - hopefully you'll choose the latter. Good luck!
  • JoeLewie
    JoeLewie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Very doable. All you have to do is commit.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It is possible. I lost a stone in 63 days. Its not as daunting as it sounds. Its only 14lb.
    Eat right and exercise.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Yes it's possible. I lost over a stone and a half before I started with mfp. The first stone dropped off in 7-8 weeks, just by cutting out the cake, chocolate and cheese guzzling and reducing portions.

this... You don't have to give up things just reduce them
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    No offence OP, but you've been asking a similar question for the last month or so and several people have already given you the answer: eat fewer calories and exercise. Simples.
  • holliestoneley
    Options
    No offence OP, but you've been asking a similar question for the last month or so and several people have already given you the answer: eat fewer calories and exercise. Simples.
    I just want to get as much information as possible
  • stea02
    stea02 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I've just started the 6 week bikini diet and asked for insight from others and received a post from someone saying fad diets are not popular on here. I'm not a believer in fad diets myself to be honest as I do a lot of cycling so have to eat protein and carbs to keep me going over 100 miles. But I thought I'd give it a go as a detox too as it has no red meat so gives me something to work towards. It may work or it may be rubbish, but I'm giving it a go and will post on here so other people know. I got it half price so thought why not..
    Look at my updates and maybe will help you out? Other than that, weight watchers is good for tracking healthy nutrition and
    helping you to understand portion size, fruit/veg intake etc.
    Good luck!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just started the 6 week bikini diet and asked for insight from others and received a post from someone saying fad diets are not popular on here. I'm not a believer in fad diets myself to be honest as I do a lot of cycling so have to eat protein and carbs to keep me going over 100 miles. But I thought I'd give it a go as a detox too as it has no red meat so gives me something to work towards. It may work or it may be rubbish, but I'm giving it a go and will post on here so other people know. I got it half price so thought why not..
    Look at my updates and maybe will help you out? Other than that, weight watchers is good for tracking healthy nutrition and
    helping you to understand portion size, fruit/veg intake etc.
    Good luck!

What? You are on MFP encouraging a fad diet and WW? Uhmmm, OK.

OP - I agree with the other poster who stated you must commit the process. Stick to your calorie limit and move a bit more. Good luck :flowerforyou: