Too old at 60?!

Options
Hi Pals,
Just joined and as I turned 60 last week, I decided I have to stop making excuses - too tired, I deserve it - and lose the weight that comes with every stressful situation I face. I am usually pretty good at balancing my diet and exercising a bit, but when I have a problem (lost my job this spring, had a bad accident this summer) I seem to put on about 10lbs each time. I want to stop the pattern and find another way to reward myself so I don't continue to gain weight. Any ideas?

Replies

• rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Options
    Never ever too old !!! Your doing the right thing by getting started and taking action. Youll look great in no time !!!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I agree, never too old!

Sorry about your situation, comfort eating in times of stress is probably one of the biggest reasons for weight gain but now you have realised that and signed up I'm sure things will get better

I guess entering your foods on here will help you see a pattern and the encouragement would hopefully help keep you on the straight and narrow. I'd also use the boards to vent when stress is hitting. Reach for the keyboard instead of a snack when the need arises.

Send some friend requests out, everyone needs friends to gee them up at times

Good luck
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    You have come to right place for friendship and support on your journey - 60 is not too old, you have many productive, happy years ahead of you. Don't ever give up on making your life better, ok?:flowerforyou: