garlic mushroom recipes please

bel74
bel74 Posts: 32 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
anyone got any real low cal and low fat recipes for garlic mushrooms please,i like the thought of portabella mushrooms stuffed too but need to be low cals.thanks:smile:

Replies

• SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    I have a portabella pizza I make that I love!

I use a fresh portabella:
    1. Wash it and take the stem out. Brush the under side with a little olive oil.
    2. I top it with fresh basil, crushed garlic, pizza sauce (or freshly crushed tomatoes), and either crumbled goat cheese or feta.
    3. Bake it or grill it until the cheese is gooey.

You could add whatever toppings to it you would a pizza, but the above is yummy and very healthy!!!
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Here is a nice one from the Mayo clinic.

Grilled portobello mushrooms with thyme and garlic

Serves 4
    Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable stock or broth
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    4 large portobello mushrooms, brushed clean and stemmed

Directions

Combine the stock, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, thyme and salt in a large lock-top plastic bag. Arrange the mushroom caps in one layer in the marinade, turning once to coat. Seal the bag, pressing out excess air. Marinate the mushrooms at room temperature, turning occasionally, for about 1 hour.

Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 inches from the heat source.

Arrange the mushrooms on the rack or broiler pan and grill or broil, turning often, until tender, about 7 minutes.

Using tongs, transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board. Slice thinly and serve warm.

Nutritional Analysis
    (per serving)
    Calories 68 Monounsaturated fat 2 g
    Protein 3 g Cholesterol 0 mg
    Carbohydrate 7 g Sodium 297 mg
    Total fat 4 g Fiber 1 g
    Saturated fat <1 g
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Oh, here's one I haven't had time to make yet, but looks amazing on their website!

Cheese-&-Spinach-Stuffed Portobellos

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cheese_spinach_stuffed_portobellos.html

From EatingWell: March/April 2009

Here we take the elements of a vegetarian lasagna filling—ricotta, spinach and Parmesan cheese—and nestle them into roasted portobello mushroom caps. The recipe works best with very large portobello caps; if you can only find smaller ones, buy one or two extra and divide the filling among all the caps. Serve with a tossed salad and a whole-wheat dinner roll or spaghetti tossed with marinara sauce.

4 servings | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
    Ingredients

* 4 large portobello mushroom caps
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
    * 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    * 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
    * 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
    * 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
    * 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    * 3/4 cup prepared marinara sauce

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
    2. Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
    3. Meanwhile, mash ricotta, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan, olives, Italian seasoning and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Place marinara sauce in a small bowl, cover and microwave on High until hot, 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes.
    4. When the mushrooms are tender, carefully pour out any liquid accumulated in the caps. Return the caps to the pan gill-side up. Spread 1 tablespoon marinara into each cap; cover the remaining sauce to keep warm. Mound a generous 1/3 cup ricotta filling into each cap and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until hot, about 10 minutes. Serve with the remaining marinara sauce.

Nutrition

Per serving : 201 Calories; 10 g Fat; 5 g Sat; 4 g Mono; 28 mg Cholesterol; 13 g Carbohydrates; 14 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 680 mg Sodium; 677 mg Potassium

1 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
This discussion has been closed.