Just ordered 30 shred. What have I let myself in for?!

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
I just placed my order for the 30 shred with Amazon. It will be delivered tomorrow. I'm only 2lbs away from my goal weight, but once I get there I want to continue to tone as well as maintain. Its a long time since I've done any sort of exercise dvd - the last one I had was on VHS!! Although since starting MFP I've been exercising regularly, either swimming, stationary bike, eliptical or just plain walking. How difficult did you find it the first time you tried it?

Replies

• kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I didn't find it difficult, but boy oh boy did I sweat and feel like jello afterwards :laugh: It's a short workout, but very effective IMHO. I felt sore the next day, but not so bad I didn't want to do it again. It was just soreness from doing things I wasn't used to doing. I love it!
  • bikinimission
    Options
    If you're anything like me and lots of other MFPers then you'll LOVE the Shred!! You notice a difference in your strength and toning really fast! I'm not sure it gave me great weight loss results and I've heard the same from others but as you're so close to your goal then i'm sure its toning and strength you're after and this is the business!! Look forward to hearing how you find it!
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Oh yea and I agree with the above, you'll be sore for the first few days but dont give up!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If your not use to sqats follow the not so advance lady(I forget her name)..lol. My first time I followed the lady that was doing advance and I couldnt get up the stairs for 3 days. Yikes! Ease yourself into it. Other than that it was not that diffulcult!
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Anita is her name :) I know because I follow her in level 2 :laugh:
  • OhyesIam
    Options
    I am day three into level two, my first day of level one I almost keeled over! In fact Jillian make it a point to state that this is only 20 minutes and you have to give it all you have, I felt so bad for going half hearted that I played it again! Between the two times I think I did a good full one time work out, I continued to play it twice until I was able to do it all the way through one full time without stopping! I still have to do modified on the push ups but there is a HUGE difference from the first couple days. I was VERY sore the next day but I hadn't worked out in a while, I pushed myself to keep working through it and I am no longer sore! I am now on level two but still play level one because it gives me a sense of accomplishment that I am able to get through it, although level two is now kicking y butt! Just stick with it , it is just long enough that when you feel like giving up it switches to something easier/different. For me the first circuits of level 1 and 2 are the worst so it is nice to get them out of the way first!! Good luck!
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE working out! Then I played around on Wii Fit - which prepared me for 30 Day Shred - which I loved!!! It prepared me for P90X!
    30 Day Shred got pretty boring after doing the same workout for 2 weeks in a row........but it was necessary for me to get used to dedicating myself to a workout for more than a week! I worked out Mon-Fri and took weekends off. :) I didn't have huge weightloss, but I also didn't monitor my nutrition as much as I could have. It definitely got my body and mind ready for a more intense workout! Consider it a stepping stone toward better health and more endurance! It is a great workout!!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. I found the first week to be difficult only in the fact that it was a killer workout that made me breathe super heavy and sweat like crazy and then my arms felt like noodles and my legs like jello!:laugh: :laugh: LOL. Not to scare you!! I loved it! :smooched: First of all, just when you think you can do anymore:sad: ...it'll be over! :happy: It goes by super quick. Just keep pressing play! One word of advice is to do your own extra streching at the end. She kinda rushes through the cool down and stretches, and after I started doing more of my own I wasn't as sore after the workouts. And don't be scared of the next levels...they are fun too. Level 2 was actually my favorite. And like the others said... I didn't see big numbers in weight loss but that was when I really started seeing the inches drop off and see the definition in my arms/abs/legs. Now I am doing her "No More Trouble Zones" workout and like that one just as much if not more. I alternate them now. 30 DS when I only have 1/2 hr to workout, NMTZ when I have an hr. Look for a group of ppl on here that are starting out with it now too and become a part of a 'group' It really helped motivate me to have friends doing it with me.....thanks 'susanleasings':wink:

good luck and have fun! you will be addicted in no time! :flowerforyou: