HATE STRETCHING!

Options
I don't know what it is about stretching before or during a workout, but I hate it. I just can't get into it. I used to love Pilates and Body Flow, but it seems here in the last few months I find myself skipping the stretch segment of any workout. I'm using Turbo Fire now which has alot of stretch classes. How can I make this more fun for me?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I know we all hate to do it but we have to as part of a complete program. I have done P90x and Insanity and there is alot of streching. More then I like to do. I like to warm up get my workout done then strech. They all must strech alot in there other DVDs too. So I know we all hate it but when we loose our flexability we are setting ourselves of for injury. I had let it go for a while and now I make sure I do it everyday and it was hard to get back the flexability I had lost. Good luck
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    First, you should stretch AFTER the workout, not before.

Other than that, well, I don't hate stretching, but I have so much going on all the time that I'm really bad about doing it. I do yoga twice a week and take a ballet class. I TRY to remember to stretch after a workout, but I'm not always good about it.

Just remember how good it feels and you can do it in front of the TV or something. I try to combine it with some strength training (a short, light yoga session and pushups in the evening when I remember).

I don't know how to make you enjoy it!
  • InsanlyIrene
    Options
    How can you hate stretching, it's the most important thing of your workout, don't skip it. You're prone to injury and muscle strain if you don't warm up your body first.

Doing any Beachbody workout comes with a lot of stretching, I myself am a 2x P90X graduate and am currently in my 6th week of Insanity, just keep in mind that your body needs the stretching and focus on that. That's really the only tip I can offer, for me it's never been an issue, I'm very flexible and there for it's never been a problem, also it gives you time to focus on your breathing and slow down your heartbeat while you're at it ;)

Good luck and just keep thinking positive!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I use to HATE stretching but now I'm working hard enough I love the feel of the stretch breaking the constant ache in my muscles. I find myself randomly stretching throughout the day just for relief.