please help i dont know what to do

Options
i just cant figure out whats wrong with me... i want to lose weight so bad but i just cant seem to stay focused. i lost five pounds when i first started then i had a bad week when we went on vacation and i havent been able to regain any of the excitement i had when i first started on this site. I have gained weight from my initial starting weight of 198.im at 205 now.:sad: :sad: :sad:

I am going to hawaii around the middle of june and i would like to lose some weight before then. i know im not going to lose a lot of weight but some would be nice.:cry::cry:

i dont unerstand why that because i want this so bad i cant stick to it. i have always given up easily but i didnt realize how easy i give up til now.:noway:

HELP!

Replies

• ashley2011
    ashley2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    i just cant figure out whats wrong with me... i want to lose weight so bad but i just cant seem to stay focused. i lost five pounds when i first started then i had a bad week when we went on vacation and i havent been able to regain any of the excitement i had when i first started on this site. I have gained weight from my initial starting weight of 198.im at 205 now.:sad: :sad: :sad:

I am going to hawaii around the middle of june and i would like to lose some weight before then. i know im not going to lose a lot of weight but some would be nice.:cry::cry:

i dont unerstand why that because i want this so bad i cant stick to it. i have always given up easily but i didnt realize how easy i give up til now.:noway:

HELP!
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's hard. I was just bit****** about that like 5 min ago in a post. I try so hard and after 4 months I have actually lost some weight...but it's not like I am losing 2 a week like it says. Just keep going, get someone to help. Talk to us! Lol..I'll motivate ya!

Good luck. It'll happen!:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Are you planning your meals? Here is a very cool site that might be able to help.

http://www.healthygrocerylist.com/index.jsp

Find some new things and challenge yourself to do something active everyday. If you want something unhealthy find a way to distract yourself. I know you can do this. Take a deep breath and believe in yourself.

:flowerforyou:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The will to lose weight comes from within. You need to reassess your goals/aspirations and come to terms with why you want to lose weight and the things you'll do to achieve your goals.

If you really wanted to lose weight as badly as you say you do, then do something about it! For the longest time, I would mope near my closet and try on clothes and mutter "I'm so fat...I gained so much weight", think about the gym and would never go.

I just got to the point and decided that if I really wanted to lose weight I, I would do something about it. After deciding to get off my *kitten* and exercise and change my lifestyle I lost over 11 pounds and dropped to 135 pounds.

Now you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do to reach your goals?
  • kriegerfamily
    Options
    I was the same way. I would just wake up and decide what I was going to do that day. Then I would always put off exersice. It helped my to plan my meals and schedule time for exersice . Otherwise I would say oh I will do it later. Or I will eat less calories on my next meal. Until it was the end of the day and it was to late. I hope it helps .:smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    Do your exercise first thing in the morning, before your day takes over! You have to make this your most important priority.

Just do it. :flowerforyou:
  • crista
    crista Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate...you have to figure out why you are overweight? Are you not active enough, is it what you eat or maybe a combination. For me it is food...I eat when I am not truly hungry. I eat out of boredom and end up eating mindlessly. Train yourself to ask yourself before you put anything into your mouth if you are truly hungry, if you feel an empty sensation in your stomach...
    I have stopped eating in front of the t.v. and that has helped me to be more aware of what and how much I am putting in my mouth.
    We all have bad days...I know when I have one bad day I have a tendency to throw in the towel and try to convince myself I don't care if I am fat. I am learning to take it one day at a time. If I mess up one day I tell myself that's okay and try not to beat myself up..because if I do I will end up quitting.
    In the past I have set myself up for failure because I set unrealistic goals. I am breaking it down into mini goals. It's a mental battle...when I am unmotivated I tell myself today I can be one day closer to my goal or one day farther away...it's my choice.

"The pain of dissapointment is greater that the pain of discipline"
    I think about that quote when I am feeling physical pain when I push myself while working out and think about the dissapointment I feel when I try on clothes. For me the latter one is more painful.

Hang in there and take it one day at a time!