Headache after eating gluten?

Options
I started my clean eating journey 2 weeks ago. Clean as in I haven't had any processed foods, no bread, no pasta {no gluten}... etc. Yesterday I decided to go to lunch with some coworkers, just to get out of the office for a bit. They went to Hibachi so I got the chicken w/the vegetables and steamed rice {vs the fried rice}. I ate the chicken and veggies and only about a 1/4 cup of the rice.

About an hour later I got this massive headache right around my eye area. I don't normally get headaches and im wondering if it was from the food?

Has anyone else experiences headaches from food they hadn't eaten in awhile? Im just assuming that's what it could have been from.

Replies

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It definitely could have been the re-introduction of something you've omitted for 2 weeks. I've been eating very low carb for a month and after eating an avocado a week ago I felt lethargic and kind of crummy that afternoon because its carb content was much higher than the foods I usually eat.

Related, have you read Grain Brain by David Perlmutter? Good book if you're looking for info on the benefits of a gluten-free diet.
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It could be the food.....but probably not gluten, since you didn't eat any? Unless you had soy sauce on your rice that contained it?
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Rice doesn't contain gluten. It has rice gluten but not the kind of gluten that coeliac sufferers have to avoid.