Weight loss Tablets

krishatherley
krishatherley Posts: 17
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anybody tried tablets as a weight loss suppliment and can anyone reccomend any?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I would save your money.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    There is no such thing as a magic pill. If there was.....
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Yes, save your money. Everything I have tried has either swelled up in my stomach and caused stomach pains or has made my blood pressure go up. It's not worth it. Nothing like losing weight the old fashion way.
  • Hi,

My doctors offered me weight loss tablets to help me along but I had to prove I could do it on my own first to show I was serious about doing it. They tried me for a month and it helped me lose 6lbs and after a 2 month break I'm back on them for a 3 month trial. I found that they worked quite well but you had to be careful as if you ate too much fat with them it made things awkward if you were in the middle of nowhere and needed the toilet. (It basically stops the body from absorbing the fat) So it works for me I'm on Orlistat but you can only get them from your doctor. Alli is supposed to be good it's the slightly less powerful version of the perscription and works in the same way. Hope this helps. :)
  • I second the saving your money option. I have tried a few of the different pills. including metabolic boosters, and they did nothing. but if your set on trying them, I hope you get the info your looking for, and the correct info as well.
  • Interesting you should ask, i watched a Penn and Teller series last night about Workout Supplements...I wouldn't worry about it, save your money for a new wardrobe or something for your car or a ridiculously expensive pair of jeans, or sunglasses or whatever. Something lavish, that would be a better spend of your hard earned cash.

Up and till recently i was one of those crazy pill popping people, you know going with every damn stupid pill on the market that promised me that i would lose weight faster and so on. Then i realized that i was spending over a £ 150 on stuff like that when i could just save it all away and spoil myself stupid as a reward.

Try not to use anything, i know you're probably desperate for something, but unfortunately we are dealt certain cards when it comes to our bodies and our genetics. You will get all the help from eating veggies and drinking lots and lots of water and working out hard. Our Nutrition contains all we need for our bodies to burn off fat.

I used to hide the fact that i was using slimming/fat burning pills because i was so ashamed my boyfriend would find out how much i was spending on it all. You know what they say right? If you're hiding it, you've got a problem. I realized that I was addicted and steering myself in to a pit. I've been clean off diet pills now for little over 2 weeks and I'm feeling healthier, and my mind is on a better place. When i walk into a Holland and Barrett I still have to force myself NOT to go to the weight loss stuff it's difficult but my body is thanking me now.

I have bought into most of the damned fad diets and pills on the market, and I've waisted a lot of money. I could have bought myself a great car or a fantastic wardrobe in the end i ended up being fatter and unhappier and more depressed. All this stuff just screwed up my metabolism more.

Another thing DO NOT REPLACE ANY MEALS WITH A SHAKE!!!! You'll end up being FAT! Track food and exercise and you'll do fine. There is no overnight cure, and you cannot lose a healthy amount of weight in a short period of time..it's just not good for you. You're body will hate you. Trust me on this.

This is my opinion from my experiences, I hope this helps a little.

Good luck
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Another thing DO NOT REPLACE ANY MEALS WITH A SHAKE!!!! You'll end up being FAT! Track food and exercise and you'll do fine. There is no overnight cure, and you cannot lose a healthy amount of weight in a short period of time..it's just not good for you. You're body will hate you. Trust me on this.

I don't agree with this point since easy to make shakes help some people start out on the right foot especially if they are eating poorly b/c they have no time.

I wouldn’t recommend it as a long-term solution especially since they are high in sugars. If you are going to do the shake thing, have a protein shake b/c protein keeps you fuller longer and Slim Fast has only sugar and carbs, no protein.

Don't do the pill thing! They will only screw up your body and hurt your heart. We've all been tempted but just SAY NO TO DRUGS! ;)
  • :) Like i said all of those were my experiences.
This discussion has been closed.