Will my goals update themselves?

Options
I know others have asked this and I forget what the answer was. Will my daily calories automatically go down as my weight does in my goal section? I am alloted 1410 calories per day and I know as I lose weight I will eventually need to eat less cals. But if I have to go in and manually change it I dont know when I should or how much to take it down. I REALLY hope mfp automatically does this! Thanks!

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    After you lose 10 pounds, you should get a pop up asking you if you want to adjust your goals. I think that's what happens. I've never seen it, but that's probably because I just changed my goals myself before that time.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    All I've done is go to the settings and enter my current weight and recalculate it. That way the calories should stay in line with your weight loss.
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    actually i dont think it does. I update mine every week/every other week
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My wife was asked to go to goals to update. I never wait that long. Seeing this post, I went to goals and updated. Now, I am eating a few less calories a day. Even with a couple pounds lost, it changes a little.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks guys!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    fyi...i went in to my goals and my weight was already lowered! So apparently mfp updates for us! yay!!
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Yes, my weight was lower as well. As soon as I updated goals, and went through the couple of web pages, I am now allowed 20 less calories a day. It puts your weight in the formula, but doesn't run it until you do. give it a try.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just went to see if my goals were updating and when I clicked on "edit goals" on the next page there was a box to check for having MFP update your goals automatically and when I looked, I saw that it had been doing just that.

Now, I can't tell you about calorie goals because as I understand it, I started at the minimum of 1200 and it won't go lower than that. But check and see if you have that option in place for automatic updates.
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mine have been updating automatically....