Trust the calories burned on HRM?

Options
2»

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Oh, if you are wanting to subtract calories for your BMR from your workout, figure it out like this. Go to your settings and see what your BMR is set at by MFP. Then divide that number by 24, and then again by 60 to get a rate per minute. Multiply that number by the number of minutes you worked to get the number you subtract off your total. Mine is about 1.4 calories per minute, so 14 calories for every 10 minutes of exercise for me.
    I beg to differ. First you use 24 as in hours I take it. Well your body burns way less during rest then even resting in bed but not sleeping. Now take into consideration that your cals burned per minute are much higher as you move throughout the day.
    If you exercised for 10 hours straight you would only lose 840 cals.....hardly.
    If we go by your math then I would only burn 1.4 while exercising and less when not.
    I know at an average my body burns about 1-2 cals a minute and while exercising I burn 15-17 a minute. During sleep your body burns off about 1/2 to 1/3 of what it does at rest but awake.