trying on clothes....

Options
I know that ive lost pounds and inches and its getting to the poi t where I finally need to buy new clothes, my work pants are practically falling off of me.... a few weeks ago I went clothes shopping and I was able to buy a size smaller jeans, i knew in my headbefore I tried them on that they would fit but as soon as I got into the fitting room a wave of panic hit me and I was worried that they wouldnt fit and perhaps my old jeans were loose on me because I had stretched them out.... of course they fit PERFECT.... im going through the same thing right now with my work pants... I ordered one size smaller knowing that my old ones are falling off of me but as soon as I hit "confirm order" a wave of panic hit and I got worried that they'll be too small and my old ones were just streached out and maybe I haven't lost as much weight as I thought... I calmd myself down my justifying that I could always return them and order a bigger size or keep them around until they do fit....

I probably sound crazy at this point, but has this happened to anybody else and if so did that feeling eventually go away?

Replies

• zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have had some anxiety trying on new clothes during weight loss but there is one really important thing you have to remember – sizes vary greatly from brand to brand. You can not let the number on the tag determine your success. You know you are losing weight so don't let the fact that certain brands don't fit in the same sizes as other discourage you or derail your progress. I am wearing a 12 in some pants, a 14 in others and I can't even pull the 14's in Macy's I.N.C. pants up over my hips. Focus on how the clothes fit, look and flatter your figure and not the label.
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. This probably sounds silly but I love to shop at old navy because their sizes run bigger there. I always know what size shorts I can buy there. I also only buy my jeans for JC Penney because i always wear the same brand and i don't even have to try them on. I am curvy and its hard to find jeans that fit my hips and don't have a gap on the back. That's why I love their jeans :)
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    I had to buy new pants this week as well. I'm down two sizes now from where I started in January, and I catch myself looking at pants in my old size. It's as though I can't believe that I'm smaller.

Great feeling though, isn't it?!
  • Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I probably need to buy osme work clothes, because the ones I;m wearing are now too big, and I think its making me feel thinner than I really am! I need to get some that will be a little tight so I can keep progresssing
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I had to buy new pants this week as well. I'm down two sizes now from where I started in January, and I catch myself looking at pants in my old size. It's as though I can't believe that I'm smaller.

It definitely is...im so glad im not the only one
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

It's a wonderful feeling. I just did a spring cleaning of my closet, and tried on absolutely everything in my closet. I put on some pants that I used to wear to work all the time, and they literally fell to the floor after I buttoned them and let go. Off to Goodwill they went!
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    not only can sizes vary from brand to brand, sizes can vary from item to item of the SAME brand. be confident trying the smaller sizes, and yes, if they are crazy small, you can always return them.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I keep second guessing myself aswel getting a smaller size, other day I decided to buy a pair of shorts went to the shop picked up a 32" and 34" to try on, tried the 32" expecting not to be able to close them and by some miricle they fit without any problems. I took them off and had to double check Id tried on the right ones and that they was on the right size hanger, even as I went to pay I was still thinking "im buying a pair of 32" shorts that can't be right" Some day I will walk into a shop pick up a small t-shirt and not think twice about it.
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    yes! this keeps happening to me...I am now wearing a size medium, but for the past few times I have gone shopping, i have been convinced that the medium clothes i bought the time before were a fluke, so i grab a whole bunch of stuff in a large, take it all to the dressing room, and then have to go back and grab a size smaller in everything. It just doesn't seem possible that I am not a large or an xl anymore!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

It's a wonderful feeling. I just did a spring cleaning of my closet, and tried on absolutely everything in my closet. I put on some pants that I used to wear to work all the time, and they literally fell to the floor after I buttoned them and let go. Off to Goodwill they went!

I did the same this week. Felt bloody marvelous.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yup yup!! I've so far gone from a 20W jean and 22W dress pant to a 16/18 misses. I can't remember how long it's been since I could wear those sizes and I still find myself going into the plus sized section and I have to remind myself that no, now I'm in misses!!