Supporting Partner with Multiple Sclerosis

Options
My partner was diagnosed with MS about 10 years ago. In the last year or so, his symptoms have become more prominent. He's currently on copaxone, which he takes every single night. For him, the side effects are akin to chemo - he spends ~10 hours every evening/night on the bathroom floor. He gets about 1-2 hours of sleep a night. He gave up a 4+ pack-a-day smoking habit last July (cold turkey!!) and hasn't had a single puff since. He's currently working on improving his diet, which consists of a lot of poor choices. At work: a lot of fast food or Chinese buffets and Chef Boyardee. Lately he is eating very little for dinner because once he does his shot, he just throws it back up. Now that he's working on improving his diet, he's stumbling. I'm not able to be be around to cook meals, so I can't support that way. All I can do is encourage and provide recommendations/suggestions. He's a PHENOMENAL cook, but when he does cook, it doesn't tend to be healthy stuff. For him, "giving up food" as he puts it would be to give up living. Smoking was an addiction; food is his soul. According to him, telling him to live off baked salmon and steamed broccoli is worse than going cold turkey off 4 packs a day. Make of that what you will, but that's his mindset.

I absolutely believe he's a super hero. But even super heroes need sidekicks, right? So I'm reaching out to the MFP community for help so I can be the best sidekick I can! :happy: I'm looking for any and all advice really, but focusing on the keeping-food-down and nutritional side of things would be great. Please don't recommend pot because 1) we're not in a state that's legalized even medical and 2) it wouldn't matter because he's a federal employee. From online researching, I've read to try eating a diet rich in omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, tuna, and mackerel, plant-based oils, and flaxseed... and lots of fresh fruit and veg. Soo.... he looks at that and makes the "gun in mouth" gesture.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE! :flowerforyou: Recipes, links,, specific advice - anything you think will be helpful!