What happened to everyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    To those that have been active for a long time, what is your secret?

My secret?

I'm actually batman.

bh15w2.jpg
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

My secret?

I'm actually batman.

bh15w2.jpg
    2jDIIo5.gif

Kidding aside, OP... to stay active, you just have to do it. You wake up every day and have a few options. Either do it, or don't. Only one of those options is going to provide lasting results. Otherwise, you just wind up starting over and stopping until you finally hit the groove where "wake up and just do the damn thing" becomes habit.
  • sarahmartin2011
    sarahmartin2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ive been away for 12months due to having a bubba now got some baby weight to lose haha also all my friends are gone so feel free to add me if u want to xx
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options

I haven't been active for more than 120 days yet, but I've had my account since 2011. My secret is remembering how miserable I was when I was obese, and how I'd bawl every time I got in my car by myself and my thighs/tummy were in the way of my steering wheel. And I can still look back at pictures the boyfriend has on his facebook page of how horribly unhealthy I was. And looking at every pair of pants I own that have a hole in the crotch because my thighs rubbed together so much I couldn't have a pair of pants for more than a couple months without ruining them. Uugh. This site is a godsend. :(
  • sweetiememoirs
    sweetiememoirs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    70+ days strong for me! I'm hoping to keep my streak! :)
  • sweetiememoirs
    sweetiememoirs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving and Christmas took them. They came back here and there after New Years for their resolution. But, Easter did them in.

This! +1

Seems a few on my list fell off on Easter & have not returned. LOL
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

My secret?

I'm actually batman.
    tumblr_inline_n1ojj6zKaC1qknuzb.gif

I got tired of stopping and starting, losing and regaining, and dealing with the frustration of it all. So 970 days ago, I resolved to start for the last time. :smile: I log in daily, I log my food and exercise daily. I aim for my calorie goal daily. Most of the time I do well and come in close to goal. Some of the time I go over. Some days (or weeks!) I don't exercise, because life! :tongue:

Life happens - events that take us from regular routine, put in places where we might not have control over menus, vacations, birthdays, weddings, parties, etc, so I knew I had to learn to roll with these things and not use them as an excuse to get off track and have to start again. I know my BMR and my TDEE and I eat in between those numbers - eat below TDEE and I lose, eat up to TDEE and I know I won't gain. Log everything. Keep moving. Know that this is life and you want the results for the long haul - not some temporary magical point in time where you'll suddenly hit goal weight and then maintaining will be easy. Nope. Learn the habits, have sustainable goals (calorie goals, exercise goals and fitness goals) and just keep on keeping on.

It works, and it's totally worth it. My 970 straight days hasn't ever felt like a burden, just pure success. :drinker:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,414 Member
    Options
    I've been here since August 2010 and but for two cruises have logged in every single day. Even when life got icky last year and I stress ate back half my loss I still logged. I've got a good FL with some folks who've been around for a long time as well. I continue to log because this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I love food and obesity runs in my family so I have to be aware of how much I eat. Some days I go waaaaay over but most days I'm under.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Just over my 800 day streak !
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    it seems like my entire life has been losing and gaining. i made my account on MFP forever ago but fell off the wagon before i even really started using it. although, back then i didnt know there was this site. i think coming to site, being able to talk to real people who dont put me down just because my progress is slow sometimes (the reason i fell off before) has made a huge difference me.

The people of MFP are all so inspiring and kind, if it weren't a lot of them i probably would have fallen off again haha.