Lady Who Lifts

Options
Hi. I've been reading (lurking) the forums for a while but I've now decided to join and participate. I've been lifting for a few months, but I'm entering uncharted territory now and I've thrown myself completely into it. And as my lifts have gone up, I've become more committed and enthusiastic about lifting. It's exciting to witness my body doing things it never did before, ever. I'm hooked.

I am looking forward to hearing from & learning from other lifters, male or female. I'll read anything fitness related just because I enjoy it, but I'm currently following Strong Curves for workout and seeing great results. I read Thinner Leaner Stronger this morning and thought the diet/supplementation advice was really helpful.

So anyway, that's it. Nice to meet ya!

Replies

• waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am starting slowly lifting to tone up. Not interested at getting big. Lots to learn as far as that goes. If you need buds on here feel free to add me.:bigsmile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard...

There are groups around for ladies like us...(I lift too) so thought I would extend this invitation to join this group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

It says 5x5 SL but the ladies in this group do all sorts of lifting so don't let that deter you.
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I <3 lifting. It's the BEST therapy in the world... even better than retail therapy because it saves money and helps you look fantastic :). I hope to be lifting into my 90's.