Can you do both Low Carb and Low Calorie Together?

Options
JandK2010
JandK2010 Posts: 1 Member
I just started my diet on Monday 4/21/14. Currently, I am limiting my calorie intake to 1530 a day and I am also eating low carb. I'm still making sure to get carbs from fruits and veggies, but I am not eating potatoes/rice/pasta etc. I haven't noted a loss yet because it's too soon to tell, but I guess I just want to know if this is something that should work? What do you all think?

Replies

• SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I eat reduced carbs, and that means fruit and starchy veggies are reduced as well. If you have a medical reason to reduce carbs like I do, then it should be helpful for you. Otherwise, just making healthier choices and staying within your calorie goals works just fine as well.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    1530 isn't especially "low calorie" more "moderate calorie reduction" which is fine. If you're reducing calories it's probably beneficial to reduce them as carbs rather than protein or fat.
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Calorie reduction is what makes you lose weight. Low carb is just a way of eating, if you like it then great but you don't need to do it to lose weight.

Also be aware low carb eating can trigger depression or anxiety in some people so you might want to keep an eye on that.