Looking lean, but no scale change

Options
Hello Everyone,

I went from 145 to 131.8 since December 2013 going from a size 10 to a 4. I am leaner everyone can tell even myself, but the scale is not moving at all. I know muscle weights a lot, but it is making me feel like a failure. Anyone else having this issue? Should I start counting calories? I was using weight watchers before, but want to try something more cost efficient. I use a polar watch to count my calories burned during exercise and I LOVE IT.

Replies

• looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do you like how you look, how your body is now? If so then don't worry about the number. No one is ever going to see it but you.

I found this some time ago on Pinterest. Numbers are just .... numbers.
    deca491aa04c2cfaf2d19d93e665f148.jpg
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    at a size 4 WHY would you want to lose weight?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No, I do not. What the scale says means pretty much nothing to me, it really doesn't reflect much.
    Are you happy with how you look? If so, why does it matter what the scale says, no one sees it.
    I wouldn't count calories just to see the scale move. If I wanted to cut bodyfat, I would count calories.
  • zbobbsemple
    zbobbsemple Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for showing me this.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Muscle doesn't "weight a lot"--a pound is a pound is a pound. Muscle is much more dense than fat, so it occupies less space--therefore a pound of muscle looks a lot different than a pound of fat, but it weighs the same.

If you know you are leaner, just put it in the win column and don't overthink it. You look great!

You might want to ditch the scale and start taking measurements if you need numbers to fully accept your progress.
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    The weight is for normal people. When you start lifting things up and down then you are no longer really comparable to normal people and so you really should just measure your inches.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    <-- this body is technically overweight if you go by bmi. Focus on gym performance and pictures, not the scale