Hello

Options
Hello, my name is Amy and I'm new to calorie counting. Did Weight Watchers 6 years ago and had great success, but since having a baby and suffering a severe knee injury it was not working for me. Guess a change of pace was needed. I found this site on my iPod and after a week of using it love it! I love how I can keep my food journal online and just print it out when I see my nutritionist, also makes adjusting my exercise easy with my physical therapist. Looking forward to all the support I can get and hoping to offer some as well.

Replies

• jacj46
    jacj46 Posts: 46
    Options
    Welcome Amy ... this is my 1st week and it has been interesting. The more you log your foods and exercise, the easier it gets, and you become aware of what you are eating ... as for that knee injury, take care of them ... just had both of mine replaced & it was the hardest thing I have ever done. save them.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You may add me as a friend if you like. Maybe we can motivate each other in our journey to lose pounds. :happy:
  • htdavidson
    Options
    Hey Amy, my name is Heather. We seem to have had a similar past, I too was on WW and did well, have a messed up right knee, and had a baby. My knee injury and pregnancy did one heck of a number on my body too. I joined MFP on Oct 2 and to date have lost 7 pounds and 5". I don't know much but whatever I'm doing seems to be working, and it's alot easier than counting points like WW. Give me a shout if you have any questions.

Heather
  • amk73
    amk73 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. My next surgery will most likely be a knee replacement. Right now, due to my age, they will not do the replacement, thus the need for a realignment brace, diet, exercise, and physical therapy.

Currently I'm not working and am on disability/FMLA in hopes to return to work in January after going through PT and injection treatments.

Amy
  • njripley
    Options
    Welcome Amy. I'm still in my first week and am currently having physio on my back so exercise is limited for me at the moment. I am sooooo missing the gym :(. I bake a lot of homecooked food from fresh and find the ability to be able to add a recipe great. It means I can track calories by adding the ingredients so I don't have to eat ready meals.

Feel free to add me as a friend, this goes to anyone else reading too

Nicola