Logging Tricks and Tips

Options
When possible I log in meals in advance then try not to eat the full portion. Going back into the diary and reducing the serving size feels like a huge victory. I don't seem to have the same motivation if I haven't logged the meal in already.

What tricks do you play with your log?

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'll do the same. Like as I make my food for the next day for work, I log all of it the night before. Makes it a lil easier time wise.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If I keep snacking I brush my teeth & close my log! lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    When possible I log in meals in advance then try not to eat the full portion. Going back into the diary and reducing the serving size feels like a huge victory. I don't seem to have the same motivation if I haven't logged the meal in already.

What tricks do you play with your log?

None. I try to stick as close to my plans as possible so that I meet my macro, fiber and other micro-nutrient goals.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If I've been craving a particular treat, say, a ridiculously oversize glass of wine or a candy bar, I'll log it for the next day (or whatever day I know it'll be available). That way it's already sort of 'built in' and I can plan my day around it by eating a slightly smaller dinner or doing an extra 10 minutes of cardio or whatever.

I do something similar every now and then. If I can't finish whatever I logged for myself, I leave it as the whole portion in my log and put it in the fridge. If I get hungry in the middle of the night or the next day, I count it as 'free calories' because I already accounted for it.