Hi everyone! Just joined today and excited to be here :)

Options
Being over weight has been my story all my life, I was a little ball as a baby (quite litterally); always battling the weight on and off, trying to keep it in check. I just gave up for a while when my health deteriorated; and now I am sick of being sick, feeling like a blowfish at over 200lbs, 5'5 height. I've been covering it up long enough - but let's face it: who am I fooling?

I started my diet April fools (this is no joke) and already lost 9 lbs before I found this community. I decided to go with the Slow Carb diet (from the book 4 hr body). Now 25 days in I lost 9lbs, no exercise! So far so good, but I'm adding exercise next week to see what happens :)

Replies

• katiespencer1987
    katiespencer1987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just remember to start gradually and don't over do it your first day!
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome on taking steps to change your life. An exercise program will be a great addition to your start. Are you food logging? Another very useful tool in your quest.
  • Niinii811
    Options
    Hi, I'm Diane. I feel at my age its hard to shed those pounds but I am still trying. My health started going south on me in 2007 when I had a heart attack & doctors put in a stent in main artery. In 2008 heart was still weak soooo back to surgery for a diffibulator & pacemaker. All was good for awhile until October 31st of 2013 when I had a triple by pass open heart surgery. I thought I was never return to a healthy feeling after that. But now I am on the road to recovery. It has been 6 months & I am feeling stronger everyday. I am following a 1200 calorie diet with heart healthy & diabetic recipes. I find that I am keeping on track with this my fitness page. I too am 5 5' & over 200 lbs. I still have not lost any weight yet but I know it WILL happen. thanks
  • Ivana_KillerBody
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Just the inspiration here will keep me going. I love it. Food logging is what I love about this site, my Naturopathic Dr. actually recommended it. It's quite easy! I know exercise will do so much more for me, just wanted to test the low carb diet of its own merrits and for me it works! I am in awe of those dealing with severe health issues and trying to do this at the same time. Diane you are an inspiration. I just had a rough time when my gallbladder had to be taken out 2 yrs back . . .digestion stuff. Feeling sick really sucks; this is a step for the better.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good for you that your heart this place is amazing for motivation.
  • RobinLynx
    RobinLynx Posts: 60
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! It was a real eye opener tracking calories on here, & check out the success stories & recipes--fun
  • ouellegw
    ouellegw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • BobRaffaele70
    BobRaffaele70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • domeimazn
    domeimazn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keep on going! I know the app likes recommending 1200 calories, but don't cut to 1200 without consulting a Dr! @ 200 lb it is at too much of a deficit and you'll end up hungry ALL the time!