Anyone familiar with Genisoy protein powder?

Options
Looking for protein powder to make my shakes. I have tried Kaizen in little packages but would like to buy a big container now. Thinking about Genisoy but is anyone familiar with taste/quality? Or anything else you recommend?

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Its what I use. The chocolate is better than the vanilla, IMO.

With protein shakes, it really depends on what you want out of them. I'm iron deficient anemic, and since soy has way more protein than anything else, I use that. I've never found a soy powder that doesn't end up gritty, but the texture is a little better if you blend it with soy milk. And if you don't use a blender, forget it (gross!!!!!)

If you're just looking for protein, with good flavor and texture, whey is where its at.
    If you're looking to avoid a lot of allergens (caesin, gluten, soy), then you can get rice-based protein powder, but frankly, it tastes like dirt.
    Like I said earlier, soy has the best source of iron. If you're looking for calcium, then you're back to whey.
  • cycle4fun
    Options
    Thanks! I think I stick with the Kaizen Protein powders ((100% whey) and think I will get a big tub. I don't have any allergies or so. For me its also a recovery drink since I do (sometimes hours!) bike riding. I need something that gives me a good amount of protein, keep me full and is tasty.
    Noticed the Genisoy on the shelves everywhere and was not sure if this a good protein powder too, thats why I posted the question. Thanks for your info!