Candy Corn and Peanuts

frogmommy
frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
One of my great joys of Halloweens past was the combination of candy corn and peanuts. The combo tastes like a Payday candybar and I could mindlessly munch an entire bowl over the course of a day. I just opened some candy corn for the candy dish, and popped one into my mouth with two dry roasted peanuts. Then I went to record it... 20 calories for that combination!?!?! One piece of candy corn and two tiny little peanuts. Next time I will check before I eat something! I could have had a half of a small apple!

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Hey, remember those black and orange wrapped peanut butter tasting gobs of goo.........mm, lol

I cant remember the name, but they are wrapped in either orange or black wrappers, and taste like peanut butter, and are really chewy.........hmm, whats the name

well, anyways...........they remind me of Trick or Treating as well..........good old memories........Lloyd

speaking of how bad candy is, this is kinda derpressing........

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/5-worst-halloween-candies-and-10-best-survival-tips
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    :angry:

great. I am totally avoiding the candy corn the son has for a class project. Thank GOD I threw away the peanuts the other day.

:wink:
  • we learn to become aware when counting calories don't we? the peanut part isn't so bad! it was a tiny treat for the season! sounds like you're in a good place now :)
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    lloydrt :

Those are called Molasses kisses, or Halloween kisses (the peanut butter ones areound here are rare).

I don't like either candy corn or candy kisses; i always gave all that stuf to my Dad.
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    I know! It's so eye-opening...and depressing at the same time! I was shocked this week as well. I had two of those tiny snack size candy bars and learned that it was 130 calories (for both). Those snack size candy bars are BARELY two bites!! We are definitely heading into the toughest time of year for delicious temptations (with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!!!!) SIGH.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    thanks bynsky......theyre seasonal, only come out around Halloween. Candy corn is in its glory as well, only during Halloween. Other than that, the candy corn is like an Edsel, it doesnt move.......Lloyd (BOOOOOO)
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    I used to do that too! Not this year though! Those nuts are high in calories but a good source of healthy fats and protein. Definitely a great snack if you can keep it to 1/4 cup! They also help satisfy hunger!

Candy corn looks so sweet and innocent, doesn't it? A wolf in sheep's clothing........ ;)
  • Candy Corn + Peanuts = Salted Nut Roll. Not so good for us but oh so yummy! :wink:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I love the combo of candy corn, dry roasted peanuts, and dark chocolate M&M's - not having any this year though!!! I did buy 2 bags of candy corn yesterday for the kiddo's though. wonder how long they'll last... we still have Easter candy!

BTW - lloyd, they're called peanut butter kisses

The candy corn, peanuts and m&m is what I grew up having. It's like a taste of home for me as my mom would put it out every fall.
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    I am going to plan to eat some later today because I do love the combination. But the key is that I will plan it rather than grab a handful each time I pass the bowl. I will look forward to eating it and certainly savor that mini serving way more than the mindless munching...

It really is eye opening to count and record what I eat...
  • My boyfriend's family reunion was back at the beginning of October. I made puppy chow (If you don't know what this is you're going to think I'm a terrible person for giving the future in-laws dog food.) and the candy corn/peanut combination. I thought no one would know about the little Payday trick and they'd all think I was crazy. At the end of the night I went to gather my dishes and everything was gone! All of it!

But yeah, it's close to Halloween and those darn candies. Oh you candies...you are so pretty. You just sit there. And I'll just stay here. And we'll keep our distance.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Hey, remember those black and orange wrapped peanut butter tasting gobs of goo.........mm, lol

I cant remember the name, but they are wrapped in either orange or black wrappers, and taste like peanut butter, and are really chewy.........hmm, whats the name

well, anyways...........they remind me of Trick or Treating as well..........good old memories........Lloyd

speaking of how bad candy is, this is kinda derpressing........

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/5-worst-halloween-candies-and-10-best-survival-tips

I think they were called Mary Janes in my area. Oh the memories. :)
This discussion has been closed.