Question about taking measurements?

Nedra19455
Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
First of all: What areas do you choose to measure?

Second of all, about measuring your waistline:
Do you measure across the belly button, or do you measure whatever part is slimmest?
Do you totally relax your core muscles? Leave some tension in then? Suck in your belly? I'm guessing the most important thing is to be consistent and just look for comparisons, but what's the best way to get a result that is reproducible?

Third of all: How often do you take and input measurements?

Thanks!

Replies

• scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    First of all: What areas do you choose to measure?
    I've been measuring hips, waist, bust, bra band, and top of thigh from the beginning. Last month I added neck, upper arm, knee and calf. Basically I measure areas that are 'problem' areas that have lots of fat or areas I'm trying to focus on with exercises. I'd suggest starting with more measures than you think you might want, it is easy to stop because you decide something is not relevant. You can't go back in time and get earlier measures things you decide you want to track later.

Second of all, about measuring your waistline:
    Do you measure across the belly button, or do you measure whatever part is slimmest?
    I measure my natural waist which is the slenderest part. However for me that is also where my belly button is.

Do you totally relax your core muscles? Leave some tension in then? Suck in your belly? I'm guessing the most important thing is to be consistent and just look for comparisons, but what's the best way to get a result that is reproducible?
    I stand straight with my feet together. I don't suck in my belly, just stand upright. I'd say my core muscles have some tension, but not a lot.

Third of all: How often do you take and input measurements?
    I do mine monthly. The first of the month is measure day for me.