setting my limits - advice please

Options
catcrazy
catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
I'm at 1480 daily cals and have set it at 45% carb, 25% fat, 30% protein

My questions...

Have I set them up ok, or do they need tweaking?

Any suggestions for very high protein foods, i'm generally under all round but seriously so on protein, todays reading below

Your Daily Goal 1,480 167 41 111
Remaining 564 84 9 74
Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Cheers

Cat

Replies

• timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Chicken and fish are good lean proteins, nearly 100% of the calories are from protein for both of those. Beef is also high in protein, but also higher in fat than fish and chicken.

I can't speak to the total calories, but it doesn't look unreasonable to me. You've lost 15 lbs in a month at those levels, so they seem to be working for you. Currently I am doing P90X, and I am on the fat shredder diet which is 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat. You only need that much protein if you are doing serious exercise. A lot of people find success with a 40% protein, 40% carb and 20% fat diet, that's a very popular balance. The trick is finding what works for you, since everyone is different.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I went to jillianmicahels.com and took her little test (which tells you what combination and percentage of Fat, Carbs and Protein you'll need to eat based on your food preferences. It was really helpful, since I'm naturally not a carb-oholic, and it picked up on that and recommended 20% carbs, 50% protein, and 30% fat. Which is keeping me a lot fuller than when I used the MFP suggestion. :)
  • mebkk
    mebkk Posts: 9
    Options
    Tuna or eggs. You can also purchase unflavored 100% whey protein powder that you can mix in with liquids or food. It low in fat, carbs and sugars but very high in protein. Not sure if this helps out or not! Good luck!!